Accessibility statement for Find a job
This service is part of the wider GOV.UK website. There’s a separate accessibility statement for the main GOV.UK website.
This page only contains information about the Find a job service, available at https://findajob.dwp.gov.uk/
Using this service
This statement applies to the Find a job website (https://findajob.dwp.gov.uk/) and its sub domains. We're committed to making our website accessible so that it can be used by as many people as possible.
This means that you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- get from the start of the service to the end using speech recognition software
- listen to the service using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is:
We know users might struggle with certain parts of this service:
- some pages and document attachments are not written in plain English
- some heading elements are not consistent
- some documents are in PDF format and are not accessible
Due to Government Digital Service (GDS) standards users may experience issues whilst using ZoomText when using radio buttons and/or checkboxes:
- Contact us - Voiceover is not reading radio button as not selected
- Jobseeker - ZoomText is not reading "No file chosen" in Your CVs page
- Jobseeker - ZoomText is not reading selected number "10" and sort by "Most recent"
- Jobseeker - ZoomText is not reading "No minimum salary or no Maximum salary"
What to do if you have difficulty using this service
If you need information in a different format like an accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille contact us and tell us:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you need, for example, audio CD, braille, BSL or large print, accessible PDF
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about Find a job’s accessibility
The DWP is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 15 September 2020. It was last updated on 20 February 2023.
The service was last tested in February 2023 and was checked for compliance with WCAG 2.1 AA. These tests have been carried out internally and they included an assessment of all the web content and functionality of the website.
Testing was carried out using a combination of automated and manual testing, including assistive technologies: JAWS, Dragon, ZoomText and VoiceOver.
We used a sampling approach, selecting pages which were visually or operationally different to one another. The sample was chosen to cover as many different components and design patterns as possible.
The pages tested were:
- Create account
- Reset your password
- Sign in
- Search for jobs
- Your activity
- Your CVs
- Your email alerts
- Your favourite jobs
- Manage account
Report this job
- Create account
- Reset password
- Create a new company
- Your companies
- Company information
- Post Job
- Create a new job
- Invite a team member
- Your account