- You must keep your account details safe
- You must not solely rely on the information on this site
- Prohibited uses
- Breach of this policy
- DWP responsibility
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
- Other policies
- We may make changes to the terms of this policy
Are you an employer?
Read our employer terms and conditions
Acceptable use policy
By using our site you accept these terms
What is in this Policy?
This acceptable use policy sets out the standards DWP expects when you use the site (https://www.findajob.dwp.gov.uk), make contact with other Users on our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way.
This site provides information about job opportunities by providing Users the platform to interact.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, an account or password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user password, you must reset your password promptly.
You must not solely rely on the information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You may wish to obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any local, national or international law or regulation
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to cause harm
- to use someone else’s account
- to upload harmful, inaccurate, offensive or illegal content
- to attempt to hack, disrupt or damage to the site
- to use our content commercially without permission
- to upload malware (malicious software, for example computer viruses)
You will not without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. We may either:
- issue a warning to you
- immediately delete your account (temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site)
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any content uploaded by you to our site
- consider legal action against you
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law
We will do our best to make sure this service is available, virus free and that the information we provide is accurate and complete.
We are not responsible for:
- you being unable to access the site, for example if it is unavailable due to maintenance or technical issues. We will report any unavailability to our supplier, Adzuna
- any kind of loss or damage as a result of using the site
- the accuracy of job descriptions and any other user content
- the content of other websites we link to
The DWP does not claim rights, ownership or control over content uploaded on the site by Users. The person or organisation uploading User Content retains the rights in its intellectual property and is solely responsible for protecting the rights of its Intellectual Property.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
The terms and conditions are governed by English law. If there’s a dispute, it will be dealt with in courts in England and Wales.
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We can update our acceptable use policy at any time. Check this page regularly to find out about updates.