Have you got an appetite for learning on the job?
Taste the future with 2 Sisters Food Group and be part of our latest apprenticeship intake from February 2023
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Engineering team as an Apprentice Engineer at our largest production site in Thetford with a starting salary of £22620.
We aim to kickstart your career in Engineering and provide you with the ability to work in a fast-paced team with innovative, modern machinery, whilst developing your skills on a multimillion-pound manufacturing plant.
We pair each apprentice with a 2 Sisters Food Group experienced, on-site team member with a wealth of skills and expertise. Our apprentices gain invaluable knowledge working with their mentor offering guidance and feedback based on hands-on industry experience.
As an Engineering Apprentice, you will be joining one of the British business's most compelling success stories of the past 20 years and we promise to provide you with a rewarding career and progression opportunities.
If you are enthusiastic, ambitious, and driven, we challenge you to join us as an Engineering Apprentice, become a part of our ever-growing apprenticeship scheme, and take advantage of the opportunities we provide to develop your skills.
About our Apprenticeship Scheme
You will be employed, with the apprenticeship qualification which you will be working towards, being 36 months in duration. The roles will commence in September 2023.
The apprenticeship is an Advanced Level 3 Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technician (following either a Mechanical or an Electrical pathway) and will consist of functional skills in English and Maths (Level 1/2), where applicable. Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will meet the professional standards of the Engineering Council for registration as Engineering Technician (EngTech) by an appropriate Professional Engineering Institution.
You will be expected to attend college 1 day a week with West Suffolk College. All other aspects of your training will be delivered on-site with your employer, with regular site visits from your designated college assessor, who will monitor your progress throughout your apprenticeship programme.
We will offer you:
- A starting salary of £22620. which will rise throughout your time on the scheme based on satisfactory performance in the role
- You will have access to a mentor and a buddy
- Regular reviews and 121s with your line manager
- Unique Personal Development Plan to support your learning
- Opportunity to study for a well-recognised apprenticeship
- Development Days to build your confidence, network, and performance
- Exposure and opportunity to meet our Senior Management Team
- Opportunities for overtime
- Free onsite parking
- Canteen on site
- Exclusive 2 Sisters employee discount platform available via an app offering savings of up to 60% with brands including Asda, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer and Tesco
- Free buses to work for certain routes
- Employee assistance programme
- In-house training that includes Level 1 and 2 Health and Safety certification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of your apprenticeship, there is potential for you to progress and gain experience within Engineering and develop a successful and rewarding career in the sector. Our main aim is to bring somebody into the team and for them to develop and become a key team member. We are looking to invest our knowledge, skills, and time in the right person.Package Description
Starting salary of £22620
Fixed Term Contract, 37.5 hours per week
Start date: September 2023Main Responsibilities
What you’ll be doing
The food industry is an exciting sector to work in, no day is ever the same. Our Engineering team plays a huge part in the 2 Sisters Food Group family, and this opportunity allows you to understand the scale and complexity of food production.
You will be trained to a very high standard in areas such as:
The Ideal Candidate
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Automation Engineering
- Adjustment and setting of machines to a good operating standard
- Provide planned preventative maintenance
- Modify, test, and inspect condition-based monitoring and fault finding with our systems
- Help improve systems on our site as and when required
- Work on our automated technology which monitors controls all aspects of the food processes and their performance across the site
Our eligibility criteria for our Engineering Apprenticeship Scheme are as follows:
We are looking for Apprentices who:
- Have 5 GCSEs at Grades *A-C/9-4 which must include English and Maths.
- Full UK driving licence would be preferable although not essential, as you must be able to transport to and from the workplace and to your college to study towards your apprenticeship.
- A real passion for all things food and Engineering
- Have excellent fault-finding skills
- Computer literate
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Can work as part of a team
- Flourish in fast paced environment
- Flexible and proactive approach and enthusiastic to take on work
Please bear in mind that these roles are very demanding both physically and mentally and are factory based. There may be a requirement to work shifts.About The Company
2 Sisters Food Group - Background
2 Sisters Food Group is one of the UK’s largest food manufacturers, with an annual turnover of £3billion+. More than 13,500 colleagues drawn from 36 nationalities help to make a mind-boggling array of some of the finest food in Britain - from poultry to pizza, from ready meals to ranges of soup. We started from very humble beginnings in the early 1990s. From there, 2 Sisters has grown to become one of Europe's leading food manufacturing companies, producing excellent quality, great value food.