An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Transport Administrator to join the Wincanton for Wickes team due to the continued expansion of the contract. This is a key role for the Wickes (North) operation and will be based in Wincanton’s Sherburn-in-Elmet depot working predominantly Monday – Friday, 1pm shift start time, although some weekends and earlier starts may be required, so the successful candidate must be flexible in their approach to work. How will you contribute?
What will you bring?
- Reporting to the Transport Supervisor.
- To support the management of drivers across multiple sites, ensuring that they work within company guidelines.
- To ensure operational targets are met on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- To brief/debrief drivers as required at shift start and end, both and on and off site.
- Update of customer systems to confirm deliveries and provide management information.
- Proactively encourage a positive and constructive relationship with the customer.
- Produce reports and generate statistics for management team.
- Ensure the contact complies with Road Traffic Act.
- Ensure drivers comply with health and safety regulations.
- Compliance Audit and Manage fleet to ensure this complies with O Licence requirements.
- To manage resources on site and across the out-bases to ensure the smooth running of the operation.
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the contract
What do we offer?
- Experience of working within a transport operations environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of transport legislation.
- Experience of supervising a team would be advantageous.
- Ability to work both on your own initiative and to follow instruction.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be PC literate and competent in use of Microsoft packages such as Excel.
- A flexible and team-based approach to working.
- General awareness of health and safety.
- Experience of working within a transport operations environment. (not essential)
- Knowledge and understanding of transport legislation. (not essential)
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, generous holidays, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment. Apply Now!
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident