Job Title: Care Support Worker - Maternity
Trust Location: The Princess Alexandra Hospitals NHS Trust
We are all NHS Professionals... could you be?
Are you searching for a career/job that gives you control of your day, time and location?!
We are NHS Professionals (NHSP), working together to care for patients in the NHS. Providing you with the power to decide when, how, and where you want to work. Supporting your lifestyle and making you feel part of the team and community.
As a member, you’ll have fantastic benefits:
- Competitive pay rates – work this week, get paid next week
- Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go – access your “My Bank” shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
- Essential support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime
- Multi-locational - work across neighbouring Trusts
- First choice of shifts or placements at your Trust – access before they are made available to agency
- Varied working options to suit your lifestyle – access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or fixed term placements
- Training and development opportunities
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Stakeholder pension scheme available
About the Trust:
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust (PAHT) provides a full range of general acute, outpatient and diagnostic services in or around Harlow, Bishop’s Stortford, and Epping. Located along the M11 corridor on the edges of London, with Stansted airport nearby, there are a range of good leisure, education and shopping facilities, as well as plenty of green space criss-crossed with a network of award-winning cycleways.
Excellent transport links to London and Cambridge, including a tube station in Epping, provide easy access to city life. PAHT also has an on-site nursery and a preferential car leasing scheme.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- 1 Assist with admission, giving advice on ward layout and facilities, and discharge procedures ensuring follow-up appointments are organised and inputting data onto the PAS system as required
- 2 Assist on wards moving between maternity wards as requested/required
- 3 Report any abnormal findings to the Midwife
- 4 Taking and recording observations, temperature, pulse, respirations, urine testing, blood pressure
The role will involve, but not be limited to you performing the above.
You’ll have the following qualification/experience:
- A minimum of 6 months paid experience in an Acute hospital environment within the last 3 years
- Undertake regular mandatory training*
- Have a QCF/NVQ Level 2 or above in Health & Social Care or Clinical Healthcare Support
*Depending on the Trust, you may require variable additional certification and skills.
Who are NHS Professionals?
We specialise in putting people in places to care. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
As an equal opportunities' organisation, NHSP is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective Bank members and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda and we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.