Are you a school leaver looking for your first job? If you have less than one year’s work experience and like the idea of learning while you earn, why not join our Postal Apprenticeship at Flint Delivery Office.
Job Reference Number 249123
Get ready to deliver to the nation.
You know who we are, and so does the rest of the nation. That’s because Royal Mail is one of the UK’s best-loved and most trusted brands. From birthday cards, and important documents to a new pair of shoes, every day we’re on our feet, delivering to people around the country come rain or shine. We are 150,000 strong with 500 years of history, and we wear our badge with pride. Now, we want you to wear it too.
Whatever the weather, our postal workers are walking the rounds. Starting their day at the delivery office, sorting mail and collecting post before heading out, postie’s play a vital role in keeping our communities connected, now more than ever. But this isn’t just a job. It’s a development programme too; which means that you will complete postal deliveries each day alongside your learning. This Apprenticeship will teach you everything you need to know about the role of a postie, providing deliveries to homes and businesses. After your initial training you’ll get hands on experience, working independently to:
- Take ownership of your own delivery route, ensuring your customers parcels and letters are delivered to time
- Act as a brand ambassador, delivering excellent customer service to your local community
Learn whilst you earn
Together with other RMG apprentices, you’ll deliver post and study to complete the apprenticeship in 13 months and gain your Level 2 Postal Apprenticeship certification. There will be plenty of additional learning opportunities along the way from online learning, to video tutorials and 1-2-1 coaching. You’ll also have practical learning opportunities that will be supported by your dedicated learning coach from our apprenticeship partner Babington. You’ll be given time to complete your apprenticeship training and will be fully supported with your End Point Assessment as you approach the completion of your apprenticeship.
Get your foot in the door
This is a programme designed to help you build the foundations of work and life skills, with plenty of support to progress your career at Royal Mail. We have loads of opportunities on offer and this programme is a great way to get your foot in the door. If you’re ambitious and looking to kickstart your career, we want to hear from you.
We are particularly interested in hearing from young people, especially school leavers who find it more difficult to get their first job. We also want to increase the diversity of our workforce by encouraging young people to join us so that we better reflect the society and communities we serve.
- With the opportunity to keep fit while you earn, this is a role that keeps you on your feet. With up to 4 and a half hours of walking per day, if you love fitness, this programme is for you.
- You love the outdoors, whatever the weather. Living in Britain, the weather can get be quite extreme. But whatever nature throws at you, you’ll be happy being out and about in the fresh air.
- You’ll be self-motivated and find time management an absolute breeze. Deadlines are important at Royal Mail, but if you’ve got excellent organisational skills, you’ll always be prepared.
- Upbeat and friendly, you’re always prepared to go the extra mile for a customer.
- As well as being independent, you’ll enjoy working with others.
- As our technology continues to develop, you’ll relish the opportunity to get involved and support your colleagues.
- Sometimes you’ll be under pressure, but in the face of a challenge your resilience will shine. You’ll get the job done, acting as a friendly face that people know and trust.
- You’re proud to make a difference. Our customers and communities rely on our service now more than ever, and we’re looking for apprentices that will take pride in wearing our uniform.
In addition, you’ll hold GCSE’s in Maths and English at grade E/2 or above. You will have limited work experience. This means less than one years’ full time experience of the work place. This is to make sure that you will benefit from the learning and experience aspects of the role as an apprentice.
We’re also an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at our heart. We welcome applications from individuals of all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants. If you wish to apply for the Royal Mail Postal Apprenticeship and need support – whether with your application or within the workplace – please let us know on your application. We will do everything we can to provide you with the right support to help you succeed.
We offer an industry-leading pay and benefits package with an age specific weekly pay of £245.19 for 16-year-olds.
We also offer a weekly supplement of £23.73 (pro-rata).
Shift patterns will be confirmed prior to starting, but you will work five days over the week with two days off. Usual start times are between 07:30 and 10:00 Monday to Sunday (Monday-Saturday for under 18s). Flexibility is required as per business needs.
These roles are aimed at those who are starting their careers and have had less opportunity to gain the skills and experience needed to access employment for example school leavers. For more experienced candidates, who are of legal driving age who wish to apply, it would be highly desirable for applicants to have already obtained their driving licence.
- Holiday entitlement starts at 22.5 days on entry rising with length of service (pro-rata).
- Contributory Pension Scheme* once you turn 18.
- Excellent career development opportunities.
- Full uniform provided .
- Cycle2work scheme.*
- Many varied corporate discounts* e.g. lifestyle discounts to include high street vouchers, travel & attraction discounts for family days out, fashion, gifts and health & wellbeing to include discount on beauty products and gym membership.
*restrictions may apply
Apprenticeship schemes must be focused on the acquisition of new skills or knowledge and therefore existing employees are not able to apply.
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
Closing Date: 14/08/2022
Please note, this advert may close early if the appropriate number of applications has been reached
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident