Digital Content Officer
London Office Base with Hybrid Working
Circa £30,000 per annum
“MaPS (Money and Pensions Service) have an urgent 12 month - FTC for a Digital Content Officer to work with and support the communications team with the delivery of the Pensions Dashboards Programme (PDP). As the Digital Content Officer, you will be responsible for updating and optimising content on the PDP website, all social media channels plus B2B newsletters.”
Working as the Digital Content Officer, your key responsibilities will be:
- Assisting with proof reading for the communications team.
- Preparing reports and publications for publishing on the PDP website.
- Correctly formatting and editing content to ensure it follows best practice and branding guidelines where appropriate.
- Accurate copywriting for the PDP website – ensuring all pages and sections are kept up to date and content is reviewed as required.
- Fully optimise content for SEO across the PDP website.
- Assist with the planning and drafting of engaging social media content for the PDP channels including Twitter and LinkedIn.
Essential experience and skills required
It is essential for the Digital Content Officer to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Excellent copywriting skills and experience of writing for the web, with good knowledge of optimising content for search – SEO.
- Previous experience of social media planning and media monitoring skills.
- Proof reading skills and ability to sub-edit copy into house style.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of web usability, readability, accessibility, and content delivery using best practice.
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at same time.
- Experience of using a content management tool, such as AEM or WordPress.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven success in building relationships, internally and externally, influence and drive decisions.
- Competent at working effectively with colleagues with less of an understanding of digital design and be able to understand and translate their brief into requirements.
- Some experience desired in applying user research to digital design, ensuring a user centred approach.
- Knowledge of using digital insight and metrics tools.
- Good understanding of Adobe Creative Suite ideally including video editing, but this is not essential.
We would love to hear from candidates who have previously worked in the public sector or for a central government office that have the previous working knowledge of writing copy to meet gov.uk standards.
Working for MaPS
Working for MaPS:
At the heart of the Money and Pensions Service are our values – caring, connecting and transforming, which are the foundation of our success. They permeate every area of our work and define all our business relationships and the way we work with each other. We’re not only looking for the best people to come and work for us, but we need people who align themselves to our values.
Caring. We care about our colleagues and people whose lives we are here to transform.
Connecting. We will transform lives through our ability to make positive connections.
Transforming. We are committed to transforming lives and make a positive societal impact.
We help people – particularly those most in need – to improve their financial wellbeing and build a better, more confident future. Working collaboratively across the UK, we make sure customers can access high-quality money and pensions guidance and debt advice throughout their lives, however and whenever they need it.
By fostering our values, we are very proud of the inclusive working environment that we have created. We are committed to attracting people of all backgrounds, we want our colleagues to reflect our customers and the people we assist.
What Money and Pensions Service can offer you?
- Generous Annual Leave – 30 days plus Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme - contributions matched 2 to 1 (up to 10% of your salary)
- Interest-free loan to help you buy season tickets for buses and trains
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Subsidised eye test & flu jabs
- Life assurance scheme
- Give as you earn scheme
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- PAM Assist and PAM Life scheme (Wellbeing)
- Enhanced family and sick pay
- Paid volunteering (2 days a year)
- Recognition Scheme
- Discounts portal to numerous retailers
To apply – click the link
Job Reference: MaPS00185
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident