Care Assistant for a gentleman in Norwich up to 20 hours p/w @£12.50 per hour
UKCIL Job reference: b1eae368
Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post. Job Purpose
To support a gentleman with autism and other coexisting health conditions to live an independent life. Will require support from you as a Personal Assistant in his home and outside his home. This will be an interesting role due to his personal activities and his volunteering roles advocating for disabled people, for someone who is looking to expand and enhance their knowledge and understanding of Physical, mental health and neurodiversity. He is widely involved in supporting the expansion of services for disabled people in Norfolk and the UK. Location: Norwich, NR2.
Details Duties to include:
- Meal preparation, including support with food shopping and batch cooking.
- Will need help with personal care, including help and support with showering and/or bathing.
- Support with other forms of personal shopping including online shopping or shopping in the community such a clothing.
- General domestic tasks to include laundry, changing bed linen, ironing and general tasks around housekeeping.
- Will require basic IT and admin support, i.e. communicating with medical professionals via telephone or e-mail, ordering/picking up prescriptions, coordinating my health and social care needs with Health and social care professionals, support with managing households bills and finances, and support with processing paperwork and bills, e.g. speaking to banks/energy companies. Assistance with budgeting.
- Will require support with accessing facilities or attending medical appointments.
- Will require support to engage in socially inclusive activities, such as days out and trips to local community attractions and amenities as required. Please note, this may include day travel outside of Norfolk, and on occasion may require an overnight stay.
- Any other reasonable duties as required which can be discussed at interview.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application. The ideal person would have a love of cooking nutritious and tasty food.They need to be patient, empathetic and have an understanding of autism and neurodivergent people. Essential
Summary terms and conditions
- Must be able to cook healthy nutritious home cooked meals from scratch and understand nutritional value.
- Must have a good level of understanding of disabling barriers, both in the physical world and using technology.
- Must be compassionate, empathetic, kind, supportive and patient and a good communicator.
- Must be passionate about enabling this gentleman to live an independent life as defined by him.
- Working knowledge/understanding of confidentiality. You will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Timekeeping is important to this gentleman, and the successful candidate will need to understand this and be good with timekeeping.
- Must have a good level of detail.
- Must remain professional and focused at all times at work and not distracted by social media.
- The rate of pay for this position is £12.50 per hour
The post is subject to the following
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
- Hours and times of work: flexible hours up to 16 hours per week. Ideally looking for availability to work a block of hours on a Friday, with remaining hours to be split over the rest of the week. To be discussed further at interview.
- You may wish to apply for part of this job or all of it.
Please apply by clicking above or at ukcil.com
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.