We have great flexible hours available, and we will work in partnership with you!
Plus, you receive a £1000 joining fee!!! And for every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000 (subject to terms & conditions)
Driving an articulated tractor and curtain sided trailer delivering palletised goods
Monday to Friday shift patterns, flexible working offered and weekends available at additional pay rates if interested.
45 hours per week, pay rates from £13.42 to £23.50 per hour depending on shift, based in Wissington
Days and Night shifts available!
- Essential DCPC training
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Full Uniform
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
- £1000 joining fee!!! (subject to terms & conditions)
- For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000 (subject to terms & conditions)
What we expect from our drivers:
- Responsible for the accurate, timely movement and delivery of our customers’ products
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times
- Securing load of the trailer to ensure products are safely secured to minimise chances of damage
- Provide excellent customer service at all times and to take ownership of customer issues on delivery
- Carry out multi-drop deliveries within the delivery window in a safe manner
- Be aware of the vehicle defects and bring to the attention of Transport Office as necessary
- Attend essential training in order to carry out the Driver role
- To provide support in the Yard as required by the Transport Office
- Adhering to Driving legislation and professional competence standards.
- A flexible approach to working patterns and start times to meet business needs
- Motivated and committed with high personal and professional standards
- Adhere to and promote Health & Safety values
Experience & Qualifications:
- Must hold a valid Class 1 Licence
- Must hold a valid DCPC Card
- Must hold a valid tacho Card
- No more than 6 points on your licence
- Minimum 6 months Class 1 driving experience is essential
- Possess excellent communication skills, understand and follow both verbal and written information.
- Able to work within set timescales to meet customers service requirements.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include full uniform, safety equipment, customer discount card, access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident