Kickstart - Webshop Sales and Marketing Trainee
24 December 2021
14 February 2022
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Care in Garden CIC
Managing web shop products:
• Regularly check stock for quantities & quality on site and adjust web shop quantities accordingly
• Add and remove items from the webshop
• Photograph items for the webshop.
• Source images with respect to copyright etc.
• Basic image editing i.e. to reduce the size of the image / cropping etc.
• Manage item categories.
• Change prices.
• Add / remove sales and special offers.
• Update stock quantities.
• Ensure that the correct information is provided on each product especially if a plant is toxic.
• Print off orders that have been received.
• Pick and pack orders.
• Send out collection ready emails for click and collect orders.
• Help with deliveries.
• Deal with orders needing posting or currier delivery.
• Dealing with abandoned carts.
• Keeping track of fulfilled orders
• Dealing with customer queries / complaints face to face, via email, via social media and telephone.
• Designing email campaigns / mailshots with respect to GDPR.
• Building our mailing list with respect to GDPR.
• Analytics - analysing the data we collect from visits to our website and using this information to plan future marketing strategies.
• Liaising with other staff members as appropriate
• Analytics - reporting back on the data collected, actions taken and results.
++Requires DBS Check++
• Good communication skills, both spoken and written.
• An interest in marketing.
• A good level of computer skills.
• An interest in photography / photo editing
++DBS Check will be completed++
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 1.30 pm
National Minimum Wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
The following training will be provided (subject to availability):
IW Chamber of Commerce
CV, Letter writing and interview techniques; manual handling; customer service and GDPR.
Photography – 1 day course from IOW Photography or other provider
Health and Safety, image editing, basic computing skills, WIX Shop, Google Analytics – delivered by our staff and volunteers
We will also support their general literacy, self motivation and confidence, and interpersonal skills.
A weekly mentor meeting with a member of our staff, will be used to review their progress, support them in looking for long-term work, provide support with CV and interview preparation, organise additional training to develop their skills, such as teamwork, organisation, and communication, as necessary.
As part of the mentoring process, we would provide the opportunity for the young people to share good practice by sharing what they have learn from their courses with each other, and we would hope that the young person would feel able to give feedback on a regular basis through the weekly mentor meeting.
Support and training will be an ongoing process throughout the placement; which will be documented to provide supporting evidence for any references etc.
We anticipate an average of up to 5 hours per week will be needed for training and mentoring.
Apply for this job