Administrator - Orpington
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs. Our Human Resources team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality service we provide to all of our customers. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Orpington team as a Care Home Administrator
Our Human Resources sits at the heart of what we do. By providing outstanding support to our colleagues we enable them to be their best at work - creating a well-managed, diverse and engaged workforce. The variety in the team’s work reflects the breadth of services we offer and the invaluable support provided to the wider One Housing community. We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
Location: Grays Farm Road, Orpington
Salary: £24,120 - £25,627.5
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Care Home Administrator. Your responsibilities will include :
- Assisting in day to day accounting : Billings, Credit control, Budget reporting etc
- Assist, as requested to provide a personal assistant service to the General Manager and Care Services Manager
- To provide accurate and efficient typing support from written and recorded material, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- To support the Home Manager and Care Services Manager in the delivery of corporate/strategic objectives and administration tasks, including diary management, preparation and co-ordinating for/of meetings.
- To design, draft and prepare presentational material as and when required and to design documentation suitable to our residents’ needs, as and when required.
- To co-ordinate, prepare and record documentation for meetings, to include drafting, typing, copying, collation and circulation of papers.
- To update and maintain electronic diaries for the Home Manager and Care Services Manager using Microsoft Outlook.
- To plan, organise and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines.
- To work with the scope of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- To answer the telephone, record accurate messages, respond positively to problems and queries and deal appropriately with any visitors to the home.
- To work collaboratively with the finance and HR departments of One Housing Group
- To regularly access ‘my view’ with regards to inputting staff information regarding staff pay, holiday, sickness absence etc.
- To administer contracts of employment, offer letters to new starters
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, resilient and engaging. The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced in working with accounts - dealing with billing issues, credit control & reporting (Essential)
- Degree level education / Good level literacy skills
- Previous Administration experience
- CIPD / AAT qualified and/or significant experience of working in a care home is essential
- The ability to undertake HR duties, previous HR experience would be beneficial but not essential as
- the post holder will receive HR training and support,
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level computer experience including Word, Excel, Databases, powerpoint, publisher as well as previous experience of using payroll and HR database.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £24,000 - £25,500
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each (not for statutory employees)
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Human Resources team.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident