We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
The One Housing Customer Services teams are friendly, knowledgeable and we love what we do. We are proud of our expertise and passionate about the high-quality, service we deliver to all of our customers.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Customer Services team as a Decant Officer
Our Customer Services teams play a central role in achieving our vision. Our teams include our Customer Contact Centre and specialist teams like income collection, rent and service charges and resident management. Often acting as a first-point of contact for our customers we prize our accountability, empathy and a genuine self-desire to be helpful and informative.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Decant Officer in Camden. Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead on resident liaison, engagement and decanting, maintaining a high profile and first point of contact with residents, listening to understand their needs and concerns
- Use a variety of methods of engagement to communicate effectively and avoid misunderstanding and minimise any concerns
- Ensure all resident contact is recorded accurately with detailed records of discussions, actions and decisions are recorded on the appropriate IT systems
- Undertake housing needs assessments on residents identified for decanting. Ensuring their housing needs and preferences are acknowledged and expectation are effectively managed
- Oversee the decant process ensuring moves are carried out in line with procedures and those affected are given the correct support and advice
- Monitoring and managing of the decants to ensure timescales are maintained records are kept up to date
- Identify suitable void properties and the allocation and decanting of affected residents. Providing support to both teams as
- Arrange preparations for the new homes and removals, and signing up residents ensuring they understand the process and facilities of their new home
- Responsible for all administration tasks relating to the decant process, including arranging eligible payments and ensuring existing arrangements such as council tax are informed and assist residents with welfare payments
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to colleagues, involved third parties and residents on the decant process
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will have:
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent
- Good level of IT skills and literacy, comfortable working flexibly
- Experience of lettings and tenancies
- Experience of consulting and maximising engagement with residents
- Understand and able to demonstrate customer care and service excellence
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Professional, friendly, honest and open with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Self-motivated, performance driven with the ability to organise own work and work under pressure
- Target and performance aware.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £32K per annum
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Customer Services team.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident