We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Care team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality support we provide. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-
for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to peoples’ lives, each and every day.
Join our Care team as a General Manager
Working in Care can be demanding, but our colleagues are always kind and compassionate no matter what challenges they encounter. Working as a General Manager is not only varied and interesting, it's incredibly rewarding. As part of our team you will be doing work you can be proud of, ensuring the safety and happiness of our customers in their home.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of General Manager. Your responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility of the home, managing all direct reports
- Manage the recruitment and training of the team; ensuring training targets are met and team are competent in their roles
- Manage rotas and ensure correct team member levels and skill mix within the home on a continual basis
- Lead regular communication with residents, relatives and external stakeholders
- Manage financial budgets to ensure revenue and income targets are met
- Ensure that the CQC regulatory standards are achieved and that all staff are trained to understand and operate at this level
- Candidate is on call 1 weekend in 3 to provide cover onsite
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will:
- Build and maintain relationships, internally and externally, through effective communication skills
- Plan and prioritise resources, to effectively meet key operational objectives
- Work effectively in a changing and ambiguous environment
- A strong background of successful care home or specialist care service management is essential, preferably with knowledge of new home commissioning and leading excellence in care
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care
- Good level of IT skills and literacy
- Experience and knowledge of the Care Sector including the regulatory and statutory requirements associated with the role of a registered manager
- Demonstrable understanding of the key business activities associated with leading a care home
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £65,000 - £70,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Care team.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident