This role works closely with project team and senior engineers to ensure engineering solutions meet customer requirements, project schedule, and budget.
* Produce engineering documentation as required (on time, to budget and of suitable
quality) to support requests for quote / customer orders / manufacturing and
suppliers including drawings, calculations, data sheets and procedures.
* Generate designs which meets customer specifications and offers safe and
reliable/robust design which is easy to manufacture/operate and maintain.
* Preparation of full, clear, and concise specifications for product function for use in
internal and external documentation and testing protocols together with
applications, SLS and commissioning engineers.
* Specifying materials, components, and assemblies with performance,
serviceability, longevity and economy in mind.
* Introduction of new technologies wherever possible which reduce costs and
increase time / resource efficiencies.
* Participate and lead technical clarification meetings with other groups at Pall as
well as customers and suppliers.
* Participate and lead troubleshooting and problem-solving activities with customers,
suppliers on product technical issues.
* Work as part of a cross functional team designing and detailing products ensuring
safety and functionality are met in accordance with the customer requirements and
* Support TIS team during pre-order stage for preparation of bid documents and
technical data and in accurate costing estimates for design proposals in
conjunction with manufacturing, sourcing supply chain and external suppliers.
* Apply sound scientific and engineering principles to develop robust and cost effective products and processes designed for manufacturability.
* Through a process of continuous improvement and VAVE, develop the processes
and products across all disciplines so that time and cost can be optimised whilst
still ensuring a robust and effective process' and products.
* Managing product data to ensure that effective traceability is maintained through
the product life cycle.
* Perform duties to an agreed program, manage priorities by liaison with team leader
and Engineering manager.
* Working processes and designs to be in accordance with local and international
legislation, customer quality requirements and the Pall Quality Management
* Financial/budget responsibility: Financial and Budgetary control for assigned
projects ensuring agreed targets are met and contribute to budget planning process
of the Global Process Engineering group.
* Other duties as required
General Health and Safety:
* To follow relevant legal requirements and the Company Health & Safety Policy
* To keep your work area tidy and free from hazards.
* To make a positive contribution to housekeeping.
* Report and address any safety defects.
Knowledge and key skills:
* Time management
* Good understanding of mechanical design principals relating to pressure vessels,
hydraulic and process systems as per international standards
* Good knowledge of major manufacturing processes including welding, machining,
forming, moulding/ casting and sealing mechanisms.
* Good knowledge of international drawings (BS8888 / ANSI Y14.5 or equivalent
* Good 3D and 2D CAD knowledge.
* Ability to multi-task
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, equivalent discipline or experience
to an equivalent level.
* 2 years' experience in relevant engineering disciplines
* Must be willing to travel both within local country and abroad therefore a current
driving license and passport are essential.
* Must be willing to work reasonable unpaid overtime and unsociable hours if
program objectives dictate.
Please contact Sarah from Acorn Recruitment Truro Branch.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident