Kickstart - Maintenance Support
26 November 2021
18 February 2022
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Hope Housing Training and Support Ltd
This position will be assisting our current experienced maintenance team of 4 (2 staff and 2 volunteers), looking after 13 properties across Bournemouth and Poole. We have 100 client rooms and a continuous repair program covering all aspects of house and garden maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities for a successful candidate include-
• Learning about fire regulations and House of Multiple occupancy requirements.
• Liaising with outside suppliers like plumbers and electricians.
• Dealing with suppliers and material ordering.
• They would use our customer relationship management system, which is where support staff log reported maintenance issues. Also keep the system updated with what is happening with outstanding issues.
• Maintaining tools and keeping them tidy, in good condition and stock checking when necessary.
• Liaise with residents when in their properties, being polite and helpful at all times.
Some IT knowledge.
A driving licence would be preferred but not essential.
Able to work well in a team.
Friendly and approachable.
38 hours per week with an unpaid 30 minute lunch. 8.30am - 4.30pm.
National Minimum Wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
This will be delivered online by Exemplia Group and will include-
1- 121 with employer and job coach.
2- Training on Communication Skills in the Workplace (with a particular focus on the use of technology for remote working/communication/engagement) plus 121.
3- Training on Timekeeping plus 121.
4- Training on Team Working, plus 121.
5 -Training on Confidence in the Workplace plus 121.
Month 2- 121 to review training and performance so far, and identify any skills gaps or areas for development/extra support.
Month 3- 121 with job coach and employer to review placement so far and identify any need for extra support or development.
Month 4- week 1 - Training on how to write an effective CV, followed by 121 with job coach.
Month 4- week 3 - Training on how to perform well in an interview, followed by 121.
Month 5- week 1 - 121 to discuss plans for exiting the placement.
For those participants whose kickstart placements do not result in employment, we will offer the following additional support-
Month 5 Week 2 - 121 to discuss their career goals and assist with writing a plan to achieve this. Review of their CV and practical support.
Month 5 Week 3 - Training on how to use Job Boards, Google and LinkedIn to search for jobs. Followed by 121.
Month 5 Week 4 - 121 support with writing and creating impactful profiles on the major job boards and LinkedIn.
Month 6 - Weekly 121 review of job searching activities.
Apply for this job