Kickstart - Trainee Leisure Assistant
22 October 2021
26 December 2021
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Greenwich Leisure Limited
• This is an exciting opportunity to learn new skills and gain valuable experience whilst working in a leisure centre environment.
• The Trainee Leisure Assistant is the front line ambassador for GLL, working as part of a team of Recreation & Conciege staff, your key objective is to deliver excellent customer service throughout the customer journey in your Leisure Centre. Multi-skilled to enable you to support the customer in a wide range of needs, you will ensure each customer experience is friendly, professional and worthwhile. A Trainee Leisure Assistant is not just a role but a career pathway that enables you to develop in your knowledge, skills and experience in the leisure industry over a period of time.
• The role is based on the simple principle that in order to become an experienced Leisure Asssitant you will need to build up your expertise over a period of time through a blend of ‘hands on’ experience, working with our customers on a day to day basis and supported by sponsored qualifications and training in a number of areas including our in house concierge training and the RLSS NPLQ (Lifeguard qualification).
• Greenwich Leisure Limited inis a group of over 270 public sport and leisure centres based across the country, dedicated to providing affordable access to community leisure and sports facilities. Greenwich Leisure Limited is dedicated to making community services and spaces better for everyone. Shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake a swim test at one of our leisure centres as part of the recruitment process.
• To apply for the position, you will be required to fill in our application form. When we receive this, your application will be assessed and you will be considered for interview. You will hear back within one to two weeks. If you are not successful, you will be provided with feedback about how to improve your application next time.
• Applicants will have excellent interpersonal skills, will be passionate about sport and fitness and will be able to engage with and inspire pupils and staff.
• They will be committed to enhancing wellbeing.
• They will have an interest in a career in sport/fitness and wellbeing.
• The ideal applicants will be acquainted with a variety of sports/fitness activities.
• They will have previous experience in coaching and first aid training ( desirable)
Monday - Sunday, hours to be agreed with successful applicant.
National Minimum Wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
• As part of this position, you will have access to an employability training offer which will provide a robust and high-quality programme boosting your work and employability skills. This will be provided by Premier Advisory Group (PAG).
• PAG’s offer is designed in three complementary modules, which will empower you with the appropriate skills to enter the job market with more confidence. Our employability training offer consists of three core modules: Readiness to Work, Introducing Employability Skills and Developing Employability Skills.
• The first two modules, which include sessions on CV writing, interview and job search support and an ICT refresher course, will equip you with the basis for improved employability across any role in any sector. The third module will enable you to further develop key employability skills, such as professional writing, critical thinking and communication skills. You will also be encouraged to start planning the future steps of your career.
Apply for this job