This role is an integral component to the success of a range of central functions as well as achieving operational efficiency through advanced business workflows and technical know-how. Secondary responsibilities include supporting all business as usual processes & support models across a range of HR T&A and Payroll workstreams through root cause analysis. Data insights & appropriate modelling will aid strategic decision making and function development roadmaps of which this role will be heavily involved for complete solution delivery.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Application & Workflow Development: Key involvement in developing any HR T&A or Payroll technical solution. This will range from project planning, exhaustive testing, release timetables & multi-tier support options following release.
- Change Management: Contribute to a quarterly change release process to improve the adoption of any operational improvements. Maintain documentation throughout to ensure all changes and improvements can be audited and commercial benefits measured and reported on.
- Reporting Insights: Support a framework of reports that provide insights to drive operational improvement and compliance whilst promoting critical improvement.
- Data Competency: Interrogate a range of data sources to improve workflows or overcome limitations by approaching the problem from a new direction. These corrective actions then feed into a defined change control approach.
- Awareness of policy & business requirements: Constraints both internal & external affecting support, case management and proposed changes to standard operating procedures must always be considered, relying on specialists where necessary to meet any existing or emerging obligations.
- Testing & Monitoring: Ranging between recovery from systems outage, user acceptance testing of defects and change; delivering solutions that rely on KPI’s that show workflow performance
- Continuous Improvement of available system and process documentation following system changes or processes – this include Knowledge Article design and development of a network of related knowledge
- Second & Third Tier Support: Utilise case management software to support with escalations from the business affecting any business applications or HR, T&C or Payroll processes.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: To deliver on group targets and projects where design and project teams change frequently depending on the nature of the solution
- Other duties: From time to time you may be reasonably asked to conduct duties outside of those described within this job description to support Wincanton in delivering its objectives or any business challenges that may arise unexpectedly
What will you bring?
- Experience in using Power Query
- Experience in Database Admin
- Ability to take a logical and practical approach whilst considering the bigger picture
- Clear customer focus
- Able to work in a shifting team environment
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a methodical approach to complicated configurations
- Concern for deadline and quality requirements
- Confidence to address large audiences whilst effectively communicating their point
- Advanced data analysis & presenting skills
- Influencing skills and engagement with differing client groups
- Ability to multi-task, work to deadlines, prioritise under pressure
- Excellent and self-sufficient organisational skills
- Understanding of process improvement and business change
- Adaptable to changing technologies
- Resourceful approach to problem solving
- Coding or logic design experience
- Competent with system integrations that allow for unhindered workflows
- Proficient using a range of Microsoft products with a passion to progress their functional knowledge of these applications
- Experience with any of the following systems preferred but not essential: Oracle Cloud; Kronos; ResourceLink
- Experience of time management, payroll or employment T&C processes
- True appreciation for the value of good data
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident