Kickstart - Branch Assistant (18-24)
21 January 2022
26 February 2022
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Howarth Timber & Building Supplies Ltd
Purpose of Role:
• To assist in the day- to- day operations of a busy Builders Merchant Branch.
• Assist in ensuring the retail and the yard departments operate to a high standard of customer service.
• Assist in ensuring the retail and the yard departments operate as a part of a safe working environment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Providing high standards of customer service at all times in all departments
• Loading and unloading delivery vehicles by hand or with a forklift truck (when trained to do so)
• Sorting and grading stock
• Moving stock to storage areas
• Picking and packing orders and fulfilling online orders
• Replenishing shelves
• Keeping work areas clean and tidy
• Any other duties deemed as reasonable within the scope of the job role
This is an excellent opportunity to gain employability and industry skills within an industry sector worth £21 billion pounds. The Building Materials Industry is made up of Builders Merchants and Materials Suppliers. Builders Merchants supply products and materials to construction companies, tradespeople, and the public. They make up and deliver orders and advise customers on which products to use for a particular job. Merchants are in turn supplied by Materials Suppliers who manufacture and refine the raw materials/ products that are sold by the merchants.
Due to Health and Safety restrictions, this placement can only accommodate candidates aged 18 or over.
We are looking for someone with a genuine interest in delivering outstanding customer service. The successful candidate will be methodical with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
Working pattern to be agreed with Kickstart participant at time of offer. May include occasional Saturdays.
National Minimum Wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
Our Kickstart program is designed to ensure both participants and their Supervisors receive maximum support and training across the 6-month placement. Tailored to the individual organisation and overseen by experienced Work Coaches, Trainers and Industry Specialists, these initiatives are delivered both online and face to face. The programs include -
Kickstart Participant Program
• Personal placement supervisor to guide learners from application to interview to Kickstart placement
• Kickstart handbook and placement pack
• Introduction to the workplace module
• HR/ Health and safety induction
• A series of employability modules including but not limited to: CV writing and interview techniques, Customer Service, Understanding Excel, Manual handling
• Industry specific training modules e.g. Introduction to Residential Construction module for Builders Merchants
• Individual performance management and review
• Careers counselling and employability beyond the Kickstart Scheme
• Pastoral care such as providing advice on time and resource management as well as support for an individual experiencing a significant personal issue e.g. bereavement.
Apply for this job