Kickstart - Cafe Assistant and Barista
15 October 2021
26 December 2021
Hemel Hempstead, HP27BA
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
APEX MULTISPORTS LLP
Main purpose of the role
At our Active Dacorum Hub, we have a new cafe that has recently opened and is looking to expand its workforce. As a valuable member of the team, your primary responsibility will be a blend of servicing the customers by filling their orders and ensuring they have the freshest products available, whether it be coffee, tea, specialty smoothies or baked goods. Alongside this, you will be baking and cooking a variety of different products to sell and also support a local school that we cater for. This is a hands-on role, working Front of House directly with customers as well as preparing and maintaining all the food products and equipment.
• Preparing and serving hot and cold drinks such as coffee, tea, and specialty beverages.
• Baking items and creating food products.
• Cleaning and sanitising work areas, utensils and equipment.
• Cleaning service and seating areas.
• Describing menu items and suggesting products to customers.
• Ordering, receiving and distributing stock supplies.
• Properly handle and maintain all equipment.
• Respond to orders, questions, concerns, and complaints in a polite and efficient manner.
• Accurately handle cash and credit card payments, following appropriate cash-handling procedures.
• Serve customers quickly and efficiently.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all the menu offerings.
• Observe relevant health and safety standards.
The role requires 25 hours’ support per week which will be from the Active Dacorum Hub (Sports Pavilion, Redbourn Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 7BA). The core hours are 10am until 3.30pm (includes 30-minute non-paid lunchbreak). Please note there may be flexible time agreed as well as additional payment opportunities (overtime)
You will be expected to work within the ethos of Apex Multisport and have high standards of practice. The need to respect confidentiality is paramount, as is a responsible and flexible approach to the work.
To be successful in this role, you should be a;
• Good Communicator
• A Role Model
• Team player
• No previous experience necessary training will be provided.
10AM TO 3.30PM (Includes a 30 minute non-paid lunchbreak)
National Minimum Wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
Mentor – Kickstart Scheme Mentor / Stewart Hunt
Line Manager – Stewart Hunt (Director)
Throughout the six-month placement, you will access a variety of employability support to help you be successful in the role and to use throughout your career. These are to include and are not exhaustive:
• Work Culture Awareness Training
• Employability Goal Setting
• Initial Interview Feedback
• Personality Trait Assessment
• Belbin Workshop
• Linked in Workshop
• 1:1 Careers session
• Interview Preparation Workshop
• Money Management Workshop
• Performance Review
• Mock Interview Sessions
• Job Searching Techniques
• CV and Cover Letter Training
• You will receive a full induction into Apex Multisports and training relevant to the role.
• An individual training budget that is tailored to your career prospects.
• Wellbeing meetings to offer support throughout your six-month placement.
• Fortnightly social events to meet other individuals on the programme.
• Develop transferable skills or enhance your existing skills
• Continued support with your professional development from the Training Manager, your line Manager and also the Wellbeing and Education Manager.
• An opportunity to create a vast network of contacts throughout the industry to help develop your career.
Apply for this job