Kickstart - General Service Assistant
15 October 2021
31 January 2022
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Gwneud cais am y swydd hon
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
• Serve food and beverages to customers following prescribed methods of portioning, presentation and combinations in line with brand standards and answer questions about the products
• Perform basic cold food preparation and made to order services including hot deli and action in line with Aramark brand standards
• Take payment and keep financial records as required
• Empty cash vending machines or cashless loaders
• Restock goods and ensure appropriate displays of merchandise
• Clean back of house areas, crockery and cutlery using equipment when trained to do so
• Clean and tidy counter, light equipment/vending machines preparation and public areas
• Report to line manager any feedback, complaints, suggestions, stock needs, breakages, faults or hazards identified during the course of the work
• Perform daily paper/computer work she/he is assigned
• Keeps diligent records as required
• Follows food hygiene and safety procedures in line with health and safety requirements
• Undertake relevant training as required
• Maintain personal hygiene, appearance, and uniform to company regulations at all times.
• To present an image at all times conducive to good customer relations.
• Comply and assist in the promotion and implementation of the company’s health and safety policy.
• Previous experience with a catering environment desirable. On the job training will be given. Must acquire basic food hygiene qualification within first six months.
• General knowledge of Food Hygiene including HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
• Good understanding of English
• Basic numeracy skills
• Good Customer service skills and a strong desire to deliver great service
• A keen, can do attitude and a great team player
• Keen interest in developing food preparation skills and culinary knowledge
• A strong eye for detail and maintaining high standards of quality and presentation in all areas of their work and someone who doesn’t just accept “OK”
• Demonstrates a willingness to learn new skills
• Successful completion of all required background checks
To be discussed
National Minimum Wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
We are always looking for talented people as we continue to strengthen and grow our team. With an emphasis on career development, we take great pride in promoting from within to ensure everyone has the chance to grow and develop across the organisation.
Our vision is to be the most admired employer and trusted hospitality partner, and our people are what help us deliver our mission! Our values are simple and effective and will be part of everything we do:
• We do everything with integrity
• We deliver on our commitments
• We respect diversity and appreciate differences
• We’re passionate about everything we do
We offer a safe working environment for all of our employees, clients and customers and have further enhanced our commitment to safety since the start of the Covid pandemic and we are now excited to welcome our customers back to our business and are well organised to be ready for when they are!
We will offer training and support in the following areas:
• Mentor / Buddy Support – You will be assigned both to help your transition into your workplacement role, they will help you progress and offer 1-2-1 development for role specific hospitality, culinary, cleaning and retail training, also holding regular review meetings to monitor progress and assess any support needed.
• Training – Food Safety and Health & Safety level 1 certificates / Allergen awareness / Diversity and Inclusion / Customer Service Excellence following the Aramark WEST model / CV writing and interview preparation workshops
Gwneud cais am y swydd hon