Job Title and Grade:Band 4 Physiotherapy Technician
Location/Trust: Prospect Park Hospital (Mental Health)
Department Covered: Physiotherapist
We have long term placement opportunities available Band 4 Physiotherapy Technician atBerkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, specifically providing the following:
- The post holder will be an integral member of the Allied Health Profession led Therapy Team at Prospect Park Hospital. You will work with the Qualified Physiotherapists to provide a Physiotherapy service to both adult and older adult inpatients at Prospect Park Hospital.
- Patients who access this service experience mental health problems of varying degree and severity. Your role will involve working with patients with Anxiety, Depression, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Dementia, and Personality Disorders. You will have skills and knowledge to understand how these conditions impact on someone’s motivation and ability to participate in Physiotherapy sessions.
- The role is to assist patients during their inpatient stay through rehabilitation towards independence, increased functional capacity and self management. The role will involve delivery of exercise programs to patients on a 1:1 basis and also taking part in group work which will include leading exercise or education sessions in the gym. Work will therefore be based on the inpatient wards or gym within Prospect Park Hospital.
- The role will seek to promote the importance of physical activity on mental health, to patients, carers and other health professionals and to liaise with outside agencies for onward referral.
Prospect Park Hospital is the main hospital for people in Berkshire who suffer from mental illness.
The hospital provides a number of admission wards, a therapeutic day service, a specialist unit for people with learning disabilities, specialist wards for older people, and both high dependency and rehabilitation wards.
The new, 203 bed Prospect Park Hospital in Reading provides care on behalf of the Berkshire Healthcare NHS Trust for the acute mentally ill, the elderly mentally infirm, intensive care and rehabilitation patients and those with learning disabilities, accommodating their privacy and dignity at a level never before achieved in Berkshire.
- To undertake assessment for appropriate walking aids and issuing these in a timely way.
- To maintain the Equipment Store and do regular stock checks and ordering as required.
- To be responsible for checking and cleaning exercise and gym equipment, maintaining weekly records of this.
- To ensure gym equipment is serviced regularly and fit for purpose and to ensure all equipment defects are reported to the relevant department as per local guidance. If defect is noted to report to the Specialist Physiotherapist and remove the item from the service to maintain safety.
- To prioritise a delegated caseload and balance other patient related and professional activities in accordance with the departments requirements. This will require occasional concentration in an unpredictable environment and may include responding to urgent referrals and occasionally unpredictable work patterns.
- Assist in the provision of Physiotherapy based therapeutic care to patients, supported and supervised by Physiotherapists.
- To work autonomously in the delivery of exercise programs to patients and have the necessary skills and competencies to progress these for the patient.
- To implement rehabilitation programs and other duties as directed by the Physiotherapist and report outcomes to registered professionals.
- To work according to professional practice and the relevant legislative framework and within the scope of practice of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- To be responsible for keeping a professionally updated and maintained professional portfolio, and to participate in the appraisal system.
To apply for this post, you must have:
- GCSE in Maths and English at 9-4 or equivalent.
- Evidence of on-going professional development.
- Evidence of statutory & mandatory courses.
- Care Certificate.
- NVQ3 Healthcare or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Mental Health Issues.
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: –
- Competitive Pay Rates- work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it – 24/7 365 days –Call us anytime on 03330 144 370
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don’t have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialities, saving the NHS over£70 millioneach year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Register today for various flexible working options and long-term placement opportunities.
For more information on the roles or details on how to join NHS Professionals, simply get in touch withWarris AliasRecruitment & Placement Consultanton 0144 290 2002 or Warris.Ali@nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.