Salary £45,000 to £55,000 per annum
Generous pension contributions – 27% circa
25 days holiday rising to 30 after 6 years’ service
Career development opportunities
You are already working as a digital manager in a fast-paced digital team that designs and develops online digital services to a B2C or B2B market. You are creative with content and in touch with user led design for digital platforms.
The Organisation and Role:
Our government organisation is entering an exciting digital transformation to fully modernise its service. You will be critical to this transformation. The Digital Content Design team of 5, led by this new manager, will be working on 5 major digital projects set to start going live after 2022. So, if you are looking for a challenging opportunity this could be career changing. With your creative content skills, you will have the support of an established team who can pull together testing tools and analytics.
The Digital Content Manager / Digital Content Design Manager will be responsible for providing content design expertise to define and validate digital products, services and features ensuring they are aligned to our digital strategic objectives.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about designing accessible services that are simple enough for everyone to use.
You will be key to ensuring appropriate content is shown to users in the right place and in the best format.
You’ll work closely with a number of multi-disciplined teams to test ideas, challenge assumptions and propose design solutions based on user needs.
As an experienced Content Designer, you’ll be able to:
• make complex language and processes simple to understand
• make the case for user-led design
• explain your decisions clearly
As a Digital Manager you will be comfortable managing, mentoring and training other designers to support the growth and
development of the Content Design team.
This is a dynamic role, which requires you to be self-motivated, self-managed and driven to succeed in challenging circumstances using specialist skills and deep business knowledge.
Your experience and knowledge:
We will require our Digital Content Design Manager to have the following skills and previous experience:
- Be a credible Digital Manager; can take responsibility of digital projects while leading, managing and mentoring the digital content team.
- Be able to consider best practice within a government service. Understanding the end users and the demand of the service requirement.
- Can create compelling and precise content; writing and editing content for complex internal and public-facing services.
- Able to work across multidisciplinary teams to identify user needs, write and map user stories, design content plans, and agree the right design approach and time scales.
- Have previous experience of user-centered design working in a digital team delivering a customer facing digital product.
You may have previously worked in one of these roles or markets;
Digitalisation Manager, Digital Transformation Manager, Digital Content Manager, Digital Design Lead, Digital Service Manager, Web Application Manager, Content Design Manager,
This is a permanent vacancy. A remote working opportunity.
If this role is of interest, then please apply now or contact Kerry Austin with any questions on Kerry.Austin@reed.com
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident