Senior Care Assistant
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs. Our Care team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality support we provide. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to peoples’ lives, each and every day.
Join our Care team as a Senior Care Assistant
Working in Care can be demanding, but our colleagues are always kind and compassionate no matter what challenges they encounter. Working as a Senior Care Assistant is not only varied and interesting, it's incredibly rewarding. As part of our team you will be doing work you can be proud of, ensuring the safety and happiness of our customers in their home. We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
Hours: 3x 12.5 hour shift (7:45am - 20:15) Mon - Sun flexible rota.
Pay: £12.85 per hour
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Senior Care Assistant. Your responsibilities will
• Providing direct person-centred care to all residents, promoting their individuality and dignity at all times.
• Administering medication
• Assisting residents with social activities by interacting with them, encouraging them to continue with or take up new hobbies and activities such as those organised by the Activities Coordinator or assistants
• To lead, support and mentor the team of care assistants on shift and support the nurse on duty to organise and supervise their work
• Performing, reporting and recording, following training, clinical observations of residents’ temperature, pulse, breathing, height and weight. Obtaining urine, stool and sputum samples, as requested by the GP or RGN in charge. Performing simple urinalysis following training
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is
positive and friendly. The successful candidate will:
• Have a good level of IT skills and literacy
• Be able to demonstrate specific knowledge of clinical care
• Have care home or caring experience
• Be willing to undertake further training
• Have a Level 2 or 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care – essential
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
• Salary: £12.85 per hour
• Working hours: 37.5 hours/ week- Days or Nights available, 07:45-20:15/19:45-08:15 (Required to work every other weekend on a rolling rota)
• Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all
• Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
• Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your
• Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
• Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
• We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident