Kickstart - Customer Service Assistant
13 January 2022
07 February 2022
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Gwneud cais am y swydd hon
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Active Luton is a Community Wellbeing Trust, Active Luton’s mission is to make a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of its community, inspiring, motivating and offering opportunities for people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to learn and take action to improve their life chances.
This placement is within one or more of our leisure facilities (Inspire Luton Sports Village, Lea Manor Recreation Centre, Lewsey Sports Park & Pool, Stockwood Park Golf Centre, Hightown Community Sports & Arts Centre, Stockwood Park Athletics Centre, Hart Hill Community Centre, and Library facilities at Luton Central; Stopsley and Leagrave working with team members in the following roles:
- Provision of digital access and Information Technology to support the general public
- Customer service.
- Receiving and responding to telephone, email and other written enquiries, referring to other team members as appropriate.
- Supporting the food and beverage teams as where appropriate
- Deliveries and stock control
- Capturing customer feedback
- Library administration
- Supporting the digital offer of E reading material (Libraries) .
Responsibilities of the post will include:
- Proactively assisting customers with selection classes, activities, membership enquiries, general telephone enquiries and retail sales which may include food and beverage.
- Customer tours and
- Supporting the team with deliveries and stock control
- Promoting Active Luton and signposting customers to other Active Luton services
- Proactively assisting customers with selection of reading material, telephone enquiries and the use of public computers.
- Supporting members of the public in joining the library, both in person and on line
- Packing and unpacking, sorting and shelving new library materials
- Promoting library services and signposting customers to other Active Luton services
No experience or qualifications needed but following attributes/skills required:
Polite and reliable.
Prepared to learn new skills.
Able to contribute constructively and work effectively as a team member.
Professional appearance and manner.
Willing and enthusiastic learner.
Basic IT knowledge.
Be physically fit (lifting and moving equipment).
To be confirmed 0900-1400 1000-1500 1200-1700 5 days out of 7
National Minimum Wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
All young people will be provided with structure, support and access to quality training during their placement with Active Luton.
This will be achieved in the following ways:
They will be provided with a role description.
They will work in a team environment and be provided with a named person who will mentor, manage and support them.
Days and hours to be worked will be clearly defined to meet the needs of the role. This will allow a cross over time between 12 noon and 1pm to facilitate training programmes that can be accessed by all placements at the same time where possible.
A bespoke Induction and Training Plan has been developed and features of the plan include:
An induction and training programme that provides a range of learning opportunities, including a workplace Induction; Health and Safety; Equality and Diversity; Introduction to First Aid.
Additional training opportunities (including accredited qualifications), dependent upon role can be offered to support further learning and development opportunities.
Training to support the pursuit of future employment opportunities including updating and completing CV; writing competency based letters of job application; interview training and mock interviews.
Gwneud cais am y swydd hon