LOCATION: Near Stonehouse
HOURS: 08.00 – 17.00 (40 hours per week)
START DATE: Immediate
Temporary to Permanent job
Job: Yard Operative
As a part of a small team, reporting to the Hygiene Supervisor, you will be responsible for jobs such as using a power washer, tidying up spills and rubbish during the course of the day, weeding, tree cutting and ideally with a forklift collecting up used pallets and putting them in their places. This is a great opportunity to join a growing business.
1. Adhere to all relevant site maintenance schedules/work instructions, for daily, weekly and monthly general functions
2. Undertake ‘yard and site cleaning’ as per schedules
3. Work in varied onsite locations
4. Use of power tools such as pressure washers
5. Use of a counterbalance forklift truck to move pallets so a valid license required.
6. Assist in occasional small volume packing requirements.
1. Ideally, you will have previous experience in yard operations, but this is not essential.
2. Having some knowledge how to operate a cleaning equipment and small power tools such as chainsaw, vacuums, scrubber driers, jet wash, and waste compactors will be an advantage.
3. You will be required to follow all safety procedures and HACCP guidelines.
4. You must also be a good team player and have a keen eye for detail.
Personal profile: -
1. Hard working individual, self-motivated, working as a part of team and individually with minimum supervision.
2. Physically fit as some lifting required.
3. Flexibility and good communication skills would be beneficial.
4. Own transport is essential
ESS EMPLOYMENT work with clients and candidates from a range of disciplines and place people in permanent, contract and temporary roles. Many of our candidates and clients come to us by recommendation and we are proud of our personal, professional and friendly approach to recruitment.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident