Class 1 ADR Driver
Wincanton are recruiting Class 1 LGV, ADR Gas Class 2, Drivers to work out of Penrith, following all health and safety regulations, ensuring deliveries are on time and all paperwork is filled out correctly.
How will you contribute?
- Competitive salary
- Working 5 out of 7 days mornings or afternoons
- Working an average of 48 hours per week
- Average 10 - 12 hours per shifts
How will you contribute?
- Daily loading of the vehicle following all operational procedures and health & safety guidelines.
- Completion of appropriate paperwork to ensure that delivery facilities are completed effectively, in a timely manner and with 100% accuracy.
- To carry out deliveries to both the customer and contractual service level requirements.
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and others, completion of dynamic risk assessments, adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act, including accident, incident and damage reporting.
- To ensure contractual KPI’s over delivery of product is undertaken in both a legally compliant and health and safety manner.
- Attending any relevant training as required to ensure you remain fully equipped to perform your role effectively and to assist in the development of continuous improvement.
- Keep the vehicle you use clean, tidy and well cared for, so it is ready to be used the next day.
What will you bring?
- Must hold a valid HGV Class 1 (C+E) licence
- Must hold a valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC Card)
- Must hold a Digital Tachograph card
- Must not have more than 6 points on your licence
- Must have Class 2 ADR in Tanks – Flammable Gases
- Must have minimum 12 months Class 1 driving experience
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include full uniform, safety equipment, access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
£500 for recommending a driver friend and your friend also gets £250.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident