About the Role
As a Kitchen Assistant, you will be experienced with food preparation and catering in accordance with Health and Safety and Food Standard regulations. Monitor and maintain kitchen cleaning schedules ensuring that all areas of the kitchen are immaculately clean; including the washing up of crockery and utensils when required.
"Become a Key worker and make a difference"
- Able to demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise tasks and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Acting as the link between the main kitchen and our residents
- Assisting the chefs to plate meals, prepare food trolleys and ensure all preparation areas are kept clean and tidy
- Genuine interest in working in a care home environment.
- Previous experience working in a Care Home environment is desirable but not essential.
- A committed and organised approach.
- A confident communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible to work shifts.
If you would like to use your experience and people skills in an organisation that provides the best quality care you’d expect for your loved ones, then MMCG is a rewarding place to be.
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
- Training support and development opportunities
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Fully funded training
- Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
- Perkbox - a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
- Car through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension plan
- Nurse and carer referral scheme
- Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
- Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
*Apprenticeship opportunities available
“Maria Mallaband Care Group’s main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of its residents and staff. We have therefore adopted a Group wide policy across all our Homes requiring all new staff to confirm they are willing to receive a [Covid-19] vaccine. Prior to commencing employment, the successful applicant will be required to confirm in writing that they are happy to consent to receiving a Covid Vaccine when available, in accordance with the Government’s UK wide vaccination programme and that they are not aware of any reason why they would should not consent. We are happy to answer any queries any applicant might have about this policy.”
Kingsbury Court Care Home is a 2015 addition to the Maria Mallaband care home range, purpose-designed to offer three separate floors for residential, nursing and dementia care practice. All floors has its own dining room, lounge and activities area. Residents can choose from spacious communal areas, dine in style and relax in en-suite bedrooms. Kingsbury Court is in scenic surroundings and offers long and short-term care packages depending on requirements.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident