Randstad Engineering are excited to be recruiting for experienced production operatives to join an industry leading business based in Gateshead. As a member of the Manufacturing Team, the main responsibilities are:
- Operate processing machinery and material handling equipment in a safe and productive manner and to good standards of workmanship in order to deliver the required levels of customer service.
- Handle all material including checking stock records, labelling and storing according to commercial requirements.
- Understand and implement maintenance activities to facilitate optimum productivity.
- This role is based on a continental shift pattern of 3 on and 3 off, 12 hour shifts that go from 6 to 6.
- Temps are expected to follow perm employees and do a stand up policy once a month doing a Saturday night and Sunday day.
What we are looking for:
- Fully trained as a operator and experience of leading a multi-staged production process.
- Experience of the operation of heavy mobile plant within an industrial environment.
- The ability to work safely under pressure and to tight timescales
- Able to drive (Transport links are difficult for 6am)
- Able to work the shifts mentioned above
If this sounds like something you are experienced in and want to get a foot in the door with a large, international manufacturer, then please click apply where you will be contacted!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.