SEN Specialist Teaching Assistant
24 September 2021
£65 to £85 per day
24 October 2021
Apply for this job
Are you a SEN Teaching Assistant with
experience working with children who needs special care in an
We are currently recruiting for SEN Teaching Assistant with
strong SEN knowledge and experience to work at a lovely, supportive
school in Leicester. All children attending the school have
learning difficulties with additional complexities such as autism,
speech and language disorders, challenging behaviour or medical
needs. The school is looking for a specialist teaching assistant
with extensive experience supporting children or young people with
ASD, SEMH, ADHD and Complex needs.
The ideal candidate should be confident in working with SEN
children and be passionate to bring positive change in the lives of
Your daily responsibilities will
- Acting as a positive role model and managing behaviour
- Ensuring a safe learning environment and approaching education
with a child-centered approach.
- Support pupils to make good academic progress, under the
direction of the teacher
- Under the direction of a teacher implement group or 1:1
intervention to support pupils who have emotional or social
barriers to learning
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils, acting as a
role model and setting high expectations
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and
achievement under the guidance of the teacher
- Understand Individual Education Plans & Behaviour Support Plans
and assist to implement these, under the guidance of the
- Supporting the class teacher with planning, monitoring and
delivering creative lessons
- A hard-working, energetic and flexible nature
- Clear communication skills
- A calm, understanding and consistent approach to working with
- Knowledge of Autism, SEMH, ADHD and Challenging Behaviour.
- Ideally, Team Teach trained.
We are committed to following a policy of equal opportunities.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not
discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual
orientation, ethnic origin, culture, or disability.
If you are interested, please send your updated CV through for
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this job