Are you a Registered Paediatric Nurse looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are committed to providing 5 star patient care to children and young people, to join our highly-skilled Paediatric Department at Whiston Hospital.
Applicants are required to have a current NMC registration, and are desired to have substantial post registration experience. Applications will also be welcomed from newly qualified Registered Children’s Nurses, or Student Nurses due to qualify as Registered Children’s Nurses in the next 6 months.
Rotational posts within the department are available in order for staff to gain experience in all of the above areas.
An Enhanced DBS Certificate with the Children’s Barred Lists is required for this post.
Interviews for this position will provisionally take place on 7th October, 2021.
• To be responsible in association with the team leader for the formulation and implementation of individual patient care plans.
• To participate in the holistic assessment of patients, and to formulate and review individual patient care plans and to act as ‘named nurse’ or associate for a group of patients from admission to discharge as determined by the Ward Manager.
• To commence and participate in research/special projects as directed by the ward manager.
• To contribute to the setting, maintaining and monitoring of standards of care within the ward.
• Help to ensure that all equipment is in safe working order in conjunction with the department equipment controller.
• Internal rotations onto night duty and twilight shifts are required.
• To assist in the promotion of effective communication with all ward staff and other departments as required.
• Promote the safeguarding of vulnerable patients in line with national and local policy
The Paediatric Department consists of a team of experienced and dedicated Nursing and Medical staff providing care to approximately 6000 children per year, in addition approximately 800 children are admitted for surgical procedures.
Ward 3F provides 19 in-patient beds including our 2 bed state of the art dedicated high dependency (HDU) facility.
Ward 4F provides 12 inpatient/day case surgery beds, an 8 bedded Children’s Assessment Unit (CHOBS), along with a dedicated Paediatric Phlebotomy service and Dressing Clinic.
The Hospital at Home nursing team provide an early discharge service for children and young people who do not require 24-hour medical care and complete approximately 1000 visits per year.
The Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU) cares for approximately 300 sick or premature infants each year.
We also work closely with our Paediatric Emergency Department colleagues.
This advert closes on Sunday 3 Oct 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident