Healthcare Assistant/ Support Worker - £8.91 to £10.77 per hour* plus a £500 welcome bonus**. Overtime available at an enhanced rate – We are urgently seeking both full time (37.5 hours per week) and temporary (Bank) Healthcare Assistants to join our team in Wyboston, near St Neots - part time hours can also be considered
***Free Transport – free bus service to and from Bedford Daily***
Please note that due to current circumstances we are offering video or telephone interviews - please ensure you include a mobile telephone number within your application.
There has never been a better time to join adult Social Care than right now! During these uncertain times, one thing that is for sure is that joining our team at Lakeside will be fulfilling and rewarding, offering you stability with the opportunity to grow and develop your career further.
At our award winning inpatient setting, Lakeside, each of our units support adults who may be diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Conditions including Asperger Syndrome, Mental Health needs such as Schizophrenia, Bi-Polar Disorder, Personality Disorder or Depression and Learning Difficulties.
All of our Healthcare Assistant roles are immensely rewarding. These posts offer a very varied day, including coaching patients between therapy sessions, assisting in therapy groups, contributing to support plans, as well as fun tasks such as playing football or even the Xbox!
As a Healthcare Assistant, you will work an average of 37.5 hours per week on a rota basis to include both day and night shifts. You will work an average of three to four 12.5 hour shifts per week. Part time and Bank roles may also be considered.
We provide an excellent induction and a sector leading training program as well as supporting you through your QCF in Health and Social Care. Experience for this role is not essential however a passion for enabling people to live fun and fulfilled lives is.
Why join us at Lakeside:
- Annual leave - 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Free Transport – free bus service to and from Bedford Daily
- Overtime – regular overtime is available at an enhanced hourly rate
- DBS Check – we cover the cost of your DBS check and annual renewal
- Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full attendance
- Cycle to Work Scheme – a healthy way to travel to work
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Qualifications – we can support you to obtain a range of QCF’s during your employment
- Staff Referral Scheme – earn £200 for referring a friend into a support worker position and £1,000 for a nurse position
- Induction - We pay you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Accomplish Stars – All of our employees are stars in our eyes and do some amazing things each and every day. Our employees can be awarded with an Accomplish Star and each month, a star is rewarded with a fantastic prize
- Long Service Awards – receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
- Refreshments - free drinks and meals on shift
- Health Scheme – employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
Apply now and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the role further. No agencies please
*this rate is the rate based on a full time Healthcare Assistant working 2 weekends per month that attracts an enhanced rate
**Welcome bonus to be paid in 2 stages. £250 upon passing induction training and a further £250 to be paid on successfully passing company probation.
Please note that due to the vulnerable nature of the people that we support, all applicants must be over the age of 18
#WorkInCareAbout The Company
For more information about accomplish, please visit http://accomplish-group.co.uk
To see what the people we support and their families think of our homes please see our reviews on CareHome.co.uk: https://www.carehome.co.uk/care_search_results.cfm/searchgroup/36155025TRAA
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident