are recruiting Class 1 Milk Tanker Lorry Drivers
to work days or nights for our prestigious dairy client Muller
operating out of Stonehouse.
You will primarily be based out of our Gloucester
site collecting and delivering dairy tankers to and from various locations including ex-farms.
- Competitive salary– based on 48 average hours per week
- Working 5 on 3 off
- Start times on days between 05:00/06:00
- Start times on nights between 17:00/18:00
- Benefits include:
- Permanent 48 hour a week contract
- Essential DCPC training
- Paid holiday entitlement 25 days per year (20 days for 4/4)
- Company pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
- For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000 (subject to terms & conditions)
How will you contribute?
- Checking delivery schedules and noting any special instructions
- Carrying out safety checks before you set off
- Travelling to farms collecting milk & delivery to dairy
- Updating paperwork and making sure relevant staff sign for deliveries
- Keeping truck clean at all times
- To carry out deliveries to both the customer and contractual service level requirements.
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and others, adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act, including accident, incident and damage reporting.
- Attending any relevant training as required to ensure you remain fully equipped to perform your role effectively and to assist in the development of continuous improvement.
- Keep the vehicle you use clean, tidy and well cared for, so it is ready to be used the next day.
What will you bring?
- Must hold a valid HGV LGV Class 1 (C+E) licence
- Must hold a valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC Card)
- Must hold a Digital Tachograph card
- Must not have more than 6 points on your licence
- Must have minimum 2 years Class 1 driving experience
- Tanker experience preferred but not essential
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include full uniform, safety equipment, access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000 (subject to conditions)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident