Salary: £9.31 per hour
Weekly hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Leicestershire & Rutland Mental Health Wellbeing and Recovery Service, Leicester, LE1 6RX
Go with your heart at Making Space
Making Space is an award winning and values based national charity, we always aim high and our vision is to put Wellbeing at the Heart of Health & Social Care. At Making Space our focus is upon building relationships, connecting communities and providing quality care as unique as the people we support.
We have opportunities available at our Wellbeing & Recovery service, where the team work in partnership with Mental Health Matters to deliver a variety of recovery focussed interventions to individuals in the community, maximising on their strengths and promoting social inclusion, wellbeing and independence.
We are seeking to recruit Recovery Workers who are able to provide values- based support, advice and information service to individuals living in the community. Whilst skills are important, our main priority for any new colleague is to find people who share similar values and attitudes to our own.
Who we are looking for:
Kind Hearts – generously building empathy and connection to create a sense of belonging
Tailor Making – nurturing unique relationships to make every day count
Dreaming Big – harnessing imagination we generate confidence in ourselves and others to take the first step
Having Courage – committing bravely to working in ways that take us to new places
Being Ready – responding to whatever comes our way by moving forward together
You will empower and support individuals with a range of issues on a one-to-one basis by providing practical and emotional support advice and information, sign-post to other services and carry out group activities.
You will need to show you are proactive and can work independently but understand the parameters of when you should escalate matters to your line manager. You will be expected to contribute to the wider team’s work, obtain and provide support to and from other team members.
Experience or an understanding of working with people with a variety of complex needs would be an advantage for this post and a full driving licence and access to own vehicle is essential.
We offer a range of tailor-made rewards including:
• Access up to 30% of your wages as you earn
• Pension Schemes min 3% employer contribution
• Paid sick leave
• Death in Service benefit
• Lifestyle discounts through Love 2 shop and Health service discounts
• 28 days inc. bank holidays subject to contract
• Double time for Xmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
• Buy and sell up to 2 weeks holiday – statutory limits apply
• Access to library of learning through e-LFY portal
• Free qualifications level 2 to 6 in Health and Social Care, Management, Admin plus others
• Continuous professional development for professionally qualified colleagues
• Career development opportunities – 1 in 2 senior posts filled through internal promotion
• Travel schemes - cycle to work, car maintenance and 40p a mile travel expenses
• Colleague engagement hub and monthly colleague awards
Apply online or forward your CV to Recruitment@makingspace.co.uk quoting job requisition number: R02308.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident