Are you known for being all about the details? Do you like to be working behind the scenes, being trusted to ensure everything runs smoothly?
As a Kitchen Assistant you'll play an integral role in ensuring that our kitchen runs smoothly so that, as a team, you're creating outstanding, memorable experiences. Without you and your rubber gloves, your team of Chefs couldn't deliver. We know it's not uncommon for Kitchen Assistants to sometimes get overlooked, but to us – you'll be something of a hero. Why else do you think there's an award for best Kitchen Assistant each year?!
A role as a Kitchen Assistant is the perfect first job for any individual looking to get a taste for what a career as a Chef might be like, in addition to offering individuals with a passion for supporting teams the ideal opportunity to do so.
What will I be responsible for as a Kitchen Assistant?
There are the types of people who throw a tantrum as you add another plate to the sink when they are washing the dishes, people who can't cope with change. This definitely won't be you – you'll be committed to delivering a pristine and organised kitchen for your team, in addition to supporting with deliveries and ordering the storeroom. You'll be able to spin on your feet and help where help is needed!
Is this Kitchen Assistant role right for me?
- To be a successful kitchen porter, you'll be able to carry out tasks quickly, ensuring the finer details are treated as important and vital to that outstanding, memorable experience
- You'll enjoy working on your own and be confidently able to use your initiative, thriving in an environment when you are trusted, but be able to follow instructions from your team
- You'll be able to spin 100 plates at once. Not literally, but you're someone who thrives under pressure and is able to react quickly to change.
What's in it for me?
- Discounts across retail, restaurants, events etc (because we know life isn’t just about work)
- Employee and Family and Friends discounts in hotels across the Kew Green Hotels portfolio
- Mental Health and other Wellbeing Support with our 24/7, 365 Employee Assistance Line
- Free gym membership
- Employee discounts at other hotels within our brand partner family (and you’re not just limited to good old Britain – our brand partner has hotels that span the world!)
- Free parking
- Progression and room to grow, with opportunities across the UK and internationally
- Flexible working hours..
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident