A rare opportunity has arisen for an Application Support Analyst to join FM Conway’s IT department. Based from our Sevenoaks head office, you will receive a competitive salary and wide range of benefits.
At FM Conway, we deliver vital infrastructure services that help keep people, communities and businesses moving. Our people are our greatest asset and we are always searching for talented individuals to join our family.
People are at the heart of our business and we want to ensure that everyone goes home safe, healthy and well at the end of each day. As a business we have introduced new rules of engagement, social distancing marshals and improved hygiene facilities to ensure that our employees can work safely. People first, go home safe.
The Application Support Analyst Role
As our Application Support Analyst, you will provide application maintenance and support services to users of FM Conway’s business systems and the IT department.
Responsibilities of our Application Support Analyst
- Providing application configuration and maintenance on FM Conway’s business systems by becoming an expert on the use of all aspects of these systems
- Delivering support to business users by investigating and resolving application errors, data discrepancies and queries
- Receiving, prioritising and logging requests for support in the IT ticketing system, providing 1st / 2nd line support for business applications and maintaining the solutions by fault finding, diagnosing and fixing issues which arise
- Monitoring the progress of enhancements or requests for support by maintaining calls in the IT ticketing system and ensuring users and other interested parties are kept informed
- Providing correct responses to requests for support by identifying solutions which may include making modifications to system parameters, developing work-around’s, specifying enhancements, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, producing documentation, or escalating requests to software suppliers or other team members
- Monitoring applications, recording problems and identifying performance trends
What we’re looking for in our Application Support Analyst
We are looking for candidates who have experience within application support, you will have a strong ability to collect and analyse information, identify key themes and draw conclusions. It is essential that you have excellent SQL skills and can function as a liaison between functional users and technical team members. It would be beneficial if you had experience working in a support role with Oracle eBusiness Suite, although this is not essential.
Benefits of becoming our Application Support Analyst
Our people are our greatest asset and we will offer you a competitive salary with a vast range of benefits such as:
-Career & professional development
-Opportunity to study for formal qualifications
-Access to FM Conway’s exclusive Rewarding Great People platform
-Online shopping discounts (of up to 50%) and cashback from over 2,000 retailers
-Prize draws and a monthly lotto giving you the opportunity to win an amazing £1,000 every month or the £3,000 jackpot
-News, Health and Wellbeing information including virtual gym classes, 24/7 GP and free eye tests.
-Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption and shared parental leave
-Cycle to Work Scheme
-Contributory Pension Scheme
-Employee Assistant Programme
-Vodafone discounts for you and your family
-Car lease discounts for you and your family
So if you would like to join the team as our then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 23/10/2021
FM Conway is an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways.
We value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone feels respected for their individual contribution.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident