Location: Crowne Plaza Reading
At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The Maintenance Manager contributes to RBH's goals and values by supporting the Operations Manager with managing maintenance department and
- To take accountability for the total maintenance operation of the hotel, both internal and external, ensuring all maintenance is carried out quickly and effectively.
- To liaise with external Service Engineers with regard to breakdowns and schedule services as necessary, and pick up as much background information on the problems in order to further develop personal skills.
- To have a full understanding of all hotel systems and be able to act accordingly to any problems.
- To liaise fully with all departments with regards to maintenance, especially Housekeeping, Leisure and food production areas.
- To maintain all maintenance stocks on a regular basis, ordering appropriate stocks when necessary, using the correct ordering system ie. Raise a Purchase Order prior to order being made.
- To ensure all work carried out within the department is carried out safely without risk to health, in line with statutory/company policies.
- To ensure all maintenance equipment is checked on a regular basis.
- To ensure any work by outside contractors is carried out to the specifications and standard required
Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
Where Will You Be Working?
Overlooking the River Thames, this contemporary hotel in a redbrick building is a 13-minute walk from Reading railway station, 2.3 miles from the University of Reading and 3 miles from Caversham Heath Golf Course.
The stylish rooms include free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and work desks. Upgraded rooms add sofabeds; some have river views. Executive rooms and 1-bedroom suites add lounge access with free breakfast, drinks and snacks.
Amenities include a spa with a fitness centre and an infinity pool, as well as a sauna, whirlpool, and 5 treatment rooms. There's a brasserie-style restaurant, a business centre and 6 meeting rooms
What Are We Looking For?
We're looking for an individual who has;
- Excellent management skills
- A steady career path to date showing good progression driven by proven success
- Excellent relationship building and rapport building skills
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because…
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!