LOCATION: West Sussex County Council
RATE: £10.83 PER HOUR
Key Accountabilities and Result Areas:
1. Dealing effectively with enquiries from different channels, for example members
of the public, customers, service users, internal departments, and professionals
from other agencies.
2. Gathering and accurately recording highly sensitive and confidential data on the
designated databases, collating key information relating to Children’s Social Care
and partner agencies.
3. Providing guidance and advice to all enquiries in a timely manner. Taking
ownership of enquiries and providing feedback on progress and outcomes
ensuring contacts are escalated if appropriate.
4. Demonstrating a clear understanding of the meaning of safeguarding and
escalations where appropriate, as defined in relevant policy guidance.
5. Managing appropriate contacts quickly and efficiently enabling a professional
decision to be made by the relevant workers within set timescales.
6. Establishing effective working relationships with colleagues within Children’s
Social Care and partner agencies – for example staff from police and/or reviews,
challenging existing practices and generating ideas and solutions.
7. Remaining up to date and compliant with all relevant legislation, organisational
procedures, policies, and professional codes of conduct to uphold standards of
8. Ensuring effective and proactive diary management, (re)prioritisation and
booking of meetings, events etc, liaison with colleagues, partners, and
customers to manage expectations effectively and provide a positive interaction
with/for the Assistant Director(s) and Directorate.
9. Ensuring senior leaders are prepared for all meetings and communication with
Members, Chief Executive, Executive Directors, and other key stakeholders.
10. Using a range of software packages to produce documents, presentations, and
spreadsheets to a high standard.
11. Organising and taking notes at key meetings to meet statutory and legal
requirements e.g. panel meetings, Improvement Board meetings, Ofsted
Inspection meetings and other statutory meetings - ensuring key actions are
noted and acted upon.
11. Coordinating large scale / complex events which involve arranging dates,
booking rooms, informing attendees of arrangements, and distributing
confidential papers, as well as raising purchase orders.
12. Providing administration for small complex projects involving assisting with
planning timescales, research, provision of statistics, reports, contributing to
targets as directed by project leader.
13. Undertaking research and information gathering on a self-directed basis, for
example to draft responses to freedo
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident