We are looking for a confident Care & Support Worker with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
Cygnet Hospital Derby provides low secure and mental health rehabilitation care based on the Recovery Model. Our integrated male care pathway includes Litchurch Ward, our low secure ward, and the Wyvern Unit, our mental health rehabilitation service. Alvaston Ward, our specialist female personality disorder service, is one of the leading services of its kind in the East and West Midlands.
You will be working full-time, either 33,38.5 or 44 hours per week including a mixture of days, nights and weekends
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all the people in our care
- Provide guidance & encouragement through physical & emotional support
- Learn about individuals’ specific needs & provide help in the most appropriate way
- Assist with medical & welfare needs
- Report on medical & welfare needs as required
- Maintain a safe, clean environment for all
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
Salary: £9 per hour + Enhancements
- Plus 10% weekday nights = £9.90 p/h
- Plus 20% weekend days = £10.80 p/h
- Plus 30% weekend nights = £11.70 p/h
- Opportunities for further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Flexible working with the opportunity for overtime
- Regular coaching & appraisal
- Expert supervision & peer support
- Employee discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Recruitment referrals
- Genuinely driven with a desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- An excellent communicator & a good team player
- Sensitive & intuitive with the energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating & varied environment
- Passionate about empowering & supporting service user independence
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
Click the button to apply or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident