An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Land Surveyor Team Manager to join a developing team within the Capita Utilities division. The candidate will be working alongside the Principle Land Surveyor to deliver land surveying and drawing work for infrastructure projects across the UK.
The Utilities division currently have a wide range of large projects including Cable Tunnels, Water/ Waste Water Treatment Plants, pumping stations, water pipelines, road tunnels, Building Services, as well as some other small scale projects. All of these projects are for reputable clients and local authorities within the Water and M&E industry located in England, Scotland & Ireland.
What you'll be doing:
• Leading a supporting small team involved in a wide-ranging role which could include (project dependent) site surveys, asset surveys, design, CAD, bid preparation, tender preparation and business development tasks.
• You will liaise with site-based engineers to communicate design changes
• Site Surveys (Topographic / 3D scanning / GPR / Utilities Tracing)
• Post Processing of Data
• Pricing Jobs
• Bidding Jobs & writing words for tendering purposes
• Internal Marketing & Promotion of survey team within the business
• Ensuring the survey team are fully utilized at all times
• Managing HR related issues with the survey team members
• Complete mid year and annual appraisals of survey staff team members and setting yearly objectives
What we're looking for:
• You will need ideally have a minimum of 5 years experience out in the field using surveying equipment.
• You will ideally be a member of the RICS Chartered Surveyors institution.
• Any qualifications in CAD would be beneficial.
• Candidate should be able to demonstrate experience of working out in the field undertaking survey works and the roles they undertook whilst on site.
• Site Surveying
• Topographic Surveys
• GPR Surveys
• UK Driving License
About Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure
At Capita Real estate and infrastructure, we create places where people can prosper.
Today, critical infrastructure and public building projects need to be sustainable and environmentally appropriate. They must deliver value for the people that will use them - local communities and businesses - for decades to come. The wide range of demands requires a more holistic approach to design. That's where we come in.
Our clients rely on our commitment to understanding their challenges and finding smarter solutions, and a broad range of experts offering a distinctively diverse set of skills. Our leadership team, who are practitioners themselves, understand what it takes to deliver.
Our culture is built on over 100 years of delivering excellence and creating solutions for critical infrastructure challenges. This enables us to provide a different perspective and approach; one based on what our clients need and can afford.
From engineering and architectural innovation to environmental sustainability and technologically enabled project delivery, we are renowned for our breadth of expertise and holistic, collaborative approach.
We're a unique team specializing in infrastructure and buildings; the physical networks which keep the country moving and the places where people and communities can prosper.
What's in it for you?
• A competitive basic salary
• 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
• Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita.
You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you'll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident