About the Role
Reporting to the Care Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing a professional but relaxed atmosphere in the dining room and will ensure that residents and visitors receive an efficient food service.
"Become a Key worker and make a difference"
*Apprenticeship opportunities available
Our ideal Hospitality Assistant will have the following skills and values:
- Caring nature.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Flexibility and be able to adapt to the needs of Residents.
- Experience of working in a catering service in a similar environment is desirable but not essential.
- Delivering prepared food from the kitchen to the dining areas and serving meals to residents in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Ensure refreshment is always available
- Setting up tables, tidy work areas and preparing food areas for next service to ensure high standards of hygiene
- Ideally some experience working in a busy restaurant/hospitality or catering
- Good communication and excellent customer service skills to be able to deliver a good service to our visitors and elderly residents
- Team player, self-motivated, proactive and flexible
If you would like to use your care experience and people skills in an organisation that provides the best quality care you’d expect for your loved ones, then MMCG is a rewarding place to be.
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
- Clinical training support and development opportunities
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Fully funded training
- Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
- Perkbox - a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
- Car through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension plan
- Nurse and carer referral scheme
- Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
- Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
“Maria Mallaband Care Group’s main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of its residents and staff. We have therefore adopted a Group wide policy across all our Homes requiring all new staff to confirm they are willing to receive a [Covid-19] vaccine. Prior to commencing employment, the successful applicant will be required to confirm in writing that they are happy to consent to receiving a Covid Vaccine when available, in accordance with the Government’s UK wide vaccination programme and that they are not aware of any reason why they would should not consent. We are happy to answer any queries any applicant might have about this policy.”
Bowerfield Court is a luxurious care facility from Maria Mallaband that is dedicated towards looking after people who require Nursing & Residential Care, with en suite bedrooms all suitable for occupants with mobility problems. As well as being a friendly and attentive care service, Bowerfield Court is convenient as a care location for being situated close to local amenities and public transport links, together with two National Parks that residents can enjoy on organised activities days. This modern care facility is elegantly furnished and dedicated to provide a good example of how to practice expert care for many years to come.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident