Kickstart - Wickes Customer Assistant - Wickes Luton
04 December 2021
30 January 2022
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Wickes Building Supplies Ltd
Our Wickes stores are there to help the nation feel House proud, by providing a brilliant customer experience through our digitally led service model. This could be through anything from helping to choose a single paintbrush up to a full Kitchen or Bathroom, but no matter what, safety will always be the top priority. Within this role you will learn how to operate the checkouts, merchandise the store, process our industry leading click & collect service and we’ll also provide you with the opportunity to work on your sales and customer service skills by talking to our valued customers . No one day is the same as the next in store life, but here are a few pointers on what to expect:
● Our success is built on delivering a digitally led service to our customers so the key thing is to be Approachable, Curious & Resourceful at all times, Putting the customer at the heart of everything you do.
● We’ll train you on our systems so that you’re able to assist our customers in identifying products, providing product information and offering advice on the products that best meet their requirements whilst proactively resolving any concerns customers and provide information about our products and services.
● We’ll show you how to operate our checkouts and be able to process transactions for credit/debit card and cash payments for product purchase. Handle refunds or exchanges for product returns and correctly process any discounts in line with company process and procedures.
● Safety is at the forefront of everything we do, so safety training will also form a key part of your time with us. Whilst you’re working in the store, your aim will be to ensure that our standards never slip by helping to maintain a tidy and safe working environment.
PLEASE ENSURE THE CANDIDATE QUOTES THE JOB VACANCY REFERENCE WHEN ASKED WHICH OF OUR POSITIONS THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.
Must be aged 18+
You don’t need any previous experience to be considered for a Kickstart Placement with us but for the best chance of securing yourself a place you’ll need to be someone who:
● Knows what great customer service looks like – and how to provide it
● Is Approachable,Curious & Resourceful,-
○ Friendly and easy to talk to
○ Eager to know or learn something
○ Good at finding new ways of dealing with problems
● Is able to build relationships with people at all levels
● Loves to learn, develop and expand their knowledge
● Is motivated, and keen to make their mark in a supportive, diverse environment.
Our stores are open from 7am to 8pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sunday, and work patterns vary by location, would generally include working on a rota basis including at least one weekend day
National Minimum Wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
Each Kickstart colleague will complete a comprehensive training programme as well as gaining real life work experience. The training programme will cover basic work skills as well as our own Wickes /Travis Perkins induction, health and safety training and training on how to work in our industry.
We will be delivering this training through our own training team and have a depth of experience of doing this having trained thousands of Apprentices, as well as offering work experience through various schemes.
Each Kickstart colleague will be assigned a dedicated Kickstart Coach who will carry out employability skills training with them. This will be done via online webinars and virtual 1-2-1 coaching sessions. This training will include information advice and guidance around finding long term work, and the skills and tools that are needed to do this from an organisation that recruits thousands of new colleagues every year. The content will cover skills such as communication, time keeping, confidence, CV writing and interview skills. In total, the kickstart coach will spend around 3 hours each month with the Kickstart colleague but will be on hand to support if more time is required. The Kickstart Colleague’s line manager will compliment this training by showing them how to apply their new learning within the workplace.
All Kickstart colleagues would be eligible and would be considered for any new vacancies that arise at a relevant point in their training and work experience
Apply for this job