Kickstart - Guest Service Assistant, Bure Fram
23 September 2021
31 December 2021
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Assist our pub teams and contribute across all areas of the pub, including supporting the kitchen team and helping to serve our guests. This role will offer the experience and training in all areas of pub operations.
The hospitality industry is the place to be yourself, it’s not your usual 9-5, it’s a great place to make new friends and opens doors to an apprenticeship and a career pathway.
• Our pubs can get busy, so this role will be a meaningful and an important part of the whole pub team.
• The role will flex across the front and kitchen operations, to meet the demands of our guests.
• Learning how to prepare and serve hot and cold drinks and take orders will be one of several duties.
• Standards are extremely important to us, helping to keep all the public areas clean and tidy is a continuous goal for this role.
• When the orders come in, assisting the line, second and head chef’s in the kitchen during preparation and food service, will be a key area of development and responsibility.
• Learning and following the kitchen procedures and pub standards will be an extremely important aspect of the role.
We’re not looking for experience, as we’ll provide all the training you’ll need to get you up to speed with how we like things done. What we do need are hardworking, team players bursting with personality and a passion for people.
Would suit someone who;
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced challenging and rewarding environment
• Has excellent attention to detail
• Has a positive, can-do attitude
• Enjoys working in a team environment
• Has a polite, confident and friendly manner with the ability to quickly build rapport
• Is passionate about guest service
Hours agreed on an individual basis, with hiring manager and successful applicant
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
The knowledge developed during the placement includes a broad understanding of the hospitality industry, apprenticeship opportunities and career prospects. The skills developed will include communication, planning, flexibility, adaptability, confidence, team-work, time management, workplace professional behaviour. Coaching will be provided in interview skills, cv writing, job searching, building relationships and personal development.
All successful kickstart customers will receive access to Aptem Employ, a dedicated digital learning platform that provides an end-to-end solution for employability training.
Aptem Employ provides a CV builder, an in-built jobs board search engine and a digital library of over 200 digital employability training pieces of content.
Our employability training will be provided by Lifetime Training.
Lifetime have created a Learning Plan focused on the following areas: Teamwork, organisation and communication, CV advice and guidance, interview coaching and preparation, careers training and support to look for long term employment.
Kickstart participants receive a Lifetime Work Coach to support them throughout the 6-month placement. Kickstart participants have access to Aptem Employ for up to 12 months, providing longer-term employability support once their placement has come to an end.
Lifetime Work Coaches deliver training via six small group workshops over 6 months. Lifetime has seen the importance of peer-to-peer interaction to help share experiences, build confidence and give a sense of camaraderie.
Lifetime has developed supporting documentation for both Kickstart employees and managers with a Kickstart placement. This includes a 6-month Learning Plan, a Reflective Journal – to record experiences and examples of applied learning, and a Managers guide.
Apply for this job