Kickstart - child care apprentice
05 January 2022
25 January 2022
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Gwneud cais am y swydd hon
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Learning corner nursery
• To assist and occasionally lead with the planning of the curriculum
• To help set up the Nursery for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of session.
• To act as a key worker to a small group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
• Contribute to the monitoring, recording and assessment of child progress through observation and questioning, against child’s target and individual education plans.
• Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion.
• Maintain accurate and effective children’s records
• To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
• To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff this is acquired as part of the job.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Team leader/Manager, in accordance with the Nursery’s business plan/objectives.
• Assist with serving of refreshments.
• Comply with the statutory framework for the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) and relevant legislation including the children’s act 1989 and 2004.
• Learn about current developments in childcare and education policy and practice
Will provide training
Be passionate about working with children
DBS check will be required
8.30 to 3.30 Monday till friday
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
By completing an apprenticeship with Learning Corner Nursery, we will give you the opportunity to strive and become the best practitioner you can be.
Allowing you the opportunity to grow, and become your own leader.
With completing your Level 3 you will have a chance to become a Nursery Practitioner with the nursery and further develop your career.
• Experience of leading a team
• Reviewing and supporting tracking and observations of the children – ensuring they are all up to date and compliant
• Ensuring consistency across all our rooms, working with the room leaders to achieve best practice, and helping to support the staff* Implementing and carrying out peer observations
• Spending time with the staff on a daily basis to track staff progress
• Ensure the EYFS framework is followed
• Discussing the children’s progress with the rest of the team and parents* To ensure professionalism and confidentiality at all times
• Working alongside nursery management to receive outstanding childcare
• Ideal candidate must have the ability to work towards targets and deadlines
• Proven experience of safeguarding, equality diversity, health and safety are essential for the role.
Gwneud cais am y swydd hon