Kickstart - Catering Assistant
01 October 2021
31 October 2021
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Friends of Princess Royal Hospital
This is an exciting opportunity within the Princess Royal Hospital as a Catering Assistant. In this role you will assist with the production and service of food and beverages, ensuring compliance with all Food Safety regulations. You will also be responsible for ensuring that all Catering areas are cleaned and maintained to a high standard.
Assist the Catering Supervisor with the Catering operation in designated unit including:
• The production of meals
• Serving of the lunch time of meals
• General kitchen and dining room duties
• Wash up and clean kitchen during and after service including equipment, floors, walls
• Ensure the Kitchen is compliant with all Food Hygiene and Health and safe Legislation
• Ensure tasks are carried out in line with Food Hygiene and Health and safety Legislation
• Assist to set up dining room, table and service trolleys’
• Clean and tidy dining room after service
• Ensure the safe storage of food provisions
• Temperature checks are recorded
• Attend training Courses
• In the absence of the catering supervisor Ordering Provisions and materials for production of meals in line with hospital policy
• Deputise for the catering manager during absence from unit and Completion of records, food wastage, stock takes, weekly returns information when appropriate
• Assist with the recording on Catering Management system, banking of money, completion of recording of banking documentation in line with Friends of PRH.
• Adhere to all Policy and Procedures, and comply with Food Safety Legislation
An Enhanced DBS will be required, and paid for by Friends of Princess Royal Hospital.
No other qualifications or previous experience required as training will be provided.
Hours may vary between the hours of 07:30 and 18:45
National Minimum Wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
As the Gateway for this placement, Telford College will be providing the following support to ensure the Kickstarter employee gets the very best from the scheme.
This will include:
• Pre-induction and Individual Learning Plan
• English and maths support to upskills and gain a recognised qualification
• Monthly progress check-ins and feedback
• CV and interview preparation support, including mock interviews to prepare for next steps into employment or an apprenticeship
• Employability skills & personal development training at Level 2 (remote learning) and End of Kickstart review/assessment.
• The employee will also be supported in their role with a mentor who will provide all required on-site support and training needed for the role.
Apply for this job