Kickstart - Customer Service advisor
01 October 2021
21 October 2021
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Borough of Broxboune, Broxbourne sport
Work as part of a team on a rota basis covering early shifts, late shifts weekends and Bank holidays. The job will be based at either Laura Trott Leisure centre or John Warner Sports Centre working on the front desk serving as the first point of contact to the customers as they come in to use the facilities.
1. To provide a friendly, welcoming, helpful and knowledgeable service.
2. To assist customers with all their needs including but not restricted to routine transactions, requests for advice and information, complaints, and lost property.
3. To undertake all administrative duties associated with the role correctly.
4. To proactively look for ways of improving customer satisfaction.
5. To take personal ownership of problems experienced by customers and act proactively to solve them.
6. To comply with such policies, procedures, rules and Customer services standards relevant to the post including for example those on personal appearance, cash handling etc.
7. To be competent in the use of all appropriate systems whether they are manual or computerised.
8. To proactively bring to customer’s attention products or services that they may be interested in such as memberships, merchandise, events, and special offers, but without doing this in a high pressure way that risks upsetting them. The aim is always to try and help the customer.
Able to deliver high levels of customer care.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Able to learn and operate relevant systems both manual and computerised.
Some knowledge of Microsoft Office
Able to multi-task remaining calm and professional even in a pressurised customer service environment.
Makes a positive contribution to teams.
Ability to make decisions in line with current policies and information
Able to learn, retain and pass on to others details of the council’s programmes and facilities
Rolling shift rota, early shift is 6am, late shift would be up to 10pm and weekend working
National minimum wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
Buddy / mentor within the department
3 weekly progress meetings with Head of Department
HR Mentoring programme of training including (but not limited to), CV writing, preparing for an interview, interview methods, applying for roles. Setting up a linked in profile, career path training.
Full health and safety training
Specialist training for role and full induction
Apply for this job