Kickstart - LRF Community Coach
23 September 2021
18 November 2021
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Leicester Riders Foundation
Main Duties and Responsibility consist of the following:
Based at Morningside Arena Charter Street Leicester LE1 3UD. Coaching can be in any schools/colleges across the city and county of Leicester. Any training required will be at the Arena
• To deliver effective sessions with relevant skills, tactics and techniques for the age group or ability.
• To be able to plan sessions and deliver them across all ages.
• Administation to be comfortable with Microsoft office and be trained up on our ticketing platform and booking systems.
• Develop innovative ways to engage and and promote Basketball provision across Leicester and Leicestershire
• Deliver curriculum and non – curriculum sessions.
• Co-ordinating participants’ attendance at meetings keeping registers where necessary and other sports events
• Planning and running programmes of activities for groups and/or individuals of all ages.
• Assist with the running of festival, tournaments and leagues for juniors and seniors.
• Opportunities to be involved in BBL/WBBL Game days and events
• Complete all necessary reports and evidencing of the sessions and projects delivered
• Coach within the delivery of specific projects involving SEN participants and behaviour issues and satellite clubs.
• Coaching on Holiday Camps across the City and County.
• Opportunity to Coach within University Programmes and Junior National League Teams.
• Continuous Personal Development opportunities.
• Promotion of sports events to increase participation at sessions
• Completion of Health and safety and risk assessments when applicable.
• Travel is necessary to fulfil the role.
• Driving Licence (Working towards. This is desirable but NOT essential)
• Level 2 Basketball Coach award (Level 1 working towards Level 2). This is desirable but NOT essential as training will be given to the right candidate.
• communication levels and administration skills.
• Ability to be flexible and good time management.
• Good organisational skills.
• Ability to encourage and motivate people.
• Ability to be flexible and work unsociable hours & weekends.
• Display a professional approach at all times, setting an example to others.
• Good leadership skills.
Flexible working hours as can include weekends or evenings
National minimum wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
• We will provide supervisions with the GM on a two week basis
• We will provide opportunities to try new activities and work with a variety of people internally to shadow and adopt new practices and techniques.
• We will expose them to. Avairty of external organisations
• We will support them with daily tasks speaking with team members and external organisations by being a key member of our customer facing experience.
Safeguarding training, First aid, Health and safety, Basketball specific training, Support with CV writing, 1-2-1 support, Employability workshops and support
Apply for this job