Kickstart - Stock Assistant for Ecommerce
15 October 2021
21 November 2021
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Axion Now Ltd
This role is a part time Executive: Stock Assistant for E-commerce.
You will have fantastic attention to detail for our collectible cards business which is based in the Amersham area.
You will be working for a small, busy company with a big heart and wonderful community of customers.
We are a family business keen to give you the opportunity to develop in the role.
The role will involve:
• Working in a small team
• Carefully pulling out stock for orders, thoroughly checking orders then packing and posting AND accurately filing cards away
• Dealing with customers professionally and warmly face to face, on the phone and by email
• Taking responsibility for each order knowing you are helping people
• Posting orders to customers
• Keeping the area tidy
• Get involved with other parts of the business such as social media & stock management
• You are trustworthy
• You are a ‘detail’ sort-of-person - you like to be careful and accurate
• Once you know how to do things, you are efficient
• You like to working in a team
• You work efficiently alongside other people
• You can focus on the job in hand
• You are happy to share your ideas to improve processes constructively
• You’ll enjoy dealing with customers on the phone or email - you have good written and spoken English
Working hours are on average 25 hours per week (including Saturdays & bank holidays) between 8am and 6pm and will vary as required
National Minimum Wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
As a small business, we nurture employees to work collaboratively in a team to help grow our business.
Young people receive constructive feedback from their mentor day-to-day to support them in the development of these key team work skills.
We also monitor attendance and timekeeping to develop these employability skills and assist the young person with the logistics of getting to work in good time.
We support young people to learn how formal business communications work both face-to-face and via Facebook messaging, email and phone calls to suppliers, staff members and customers.
We offer outstanding customer service and expect staff to behave with respect and positivity in all interactions with customers, other staff and suppliers.
After 3 months the employee’s manager will sit down with them and plan a training package which is right for them.
Employees will be offered the opportunity to join weekly employability training classes of their choice (online or face-to-face).
These will be outside of work hours and paid for using the Kickstart funding to improve their CV and prospects in looking for long term work.
The manager will put a timeframe on the training and monitor it to make sure it is delivered effectively.
There will also be weekly progress meetings with the manager where feedback can be given to the manager which will be considered proactively and appropriate action taken.
Apply for this job