Kickstart - Kickstart Warehouse Assistant
13 October 2021
31 October 2021
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Heron Foods Limited
Heron Foods is a well-established yet fast-growing business; now with over 300 retail stores throughout England and Wales. As part of B&M, we continue to develop and are big believers in developing our hardworking, talented individuals who want to build a career with us. Give your future career a Kickstart with Heron Foods!
Are you interested in a career in warehousing? If so, come and work alongside our warehouse team at our Store Support Centre in Hull (Near North Ferriby). We currently hold several exciting opportunities for Kickstart Warehouse Assistants.
As a Warehouse Assistant you will be involved in providing a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the warehouse operation at the Store Support Centre. This role involves manual handling. You will be required to operate electrical and mechanical equipment, floor polishers etc. after appropriate training.
• Empathic in finding the balance between company and customer
• Able to remain calm under pressure
• Able to communicate in both verbal and written forms
Ideal candidates will:
• Enjoy physical work
• Like working in a fast paced environment
• Have a willingness to develop and learn
• Be a Team player
• Be able to follow and adhere to health and safety regulations
Monday to Friday 11am-5pm including 1 hour unpaid break.
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
Our key benefits include:
• A full induction to working at Heron Foods, including a friendly buddy to help you navigate your new role
• Ongoing on-the job training, in all areas of the department
• An assigned mentor, to provide support in identifying career goals, during your placement
• Regular training and coaching to develop your application, CV and interview skills
• Career goal reviews, to support you in achieving your next step
• Support throughout your placement, to identify and showcase your experience and achievements
Apply for this job