Kickstart - Kickstart Drivers Porter
13 October 2021
31 October 2021
DWP Kickstart Scheme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Heron Foods Limited
Heron Foods is a well-established yet fast-growing business; now with over 300 retail stores throughout England and Wales. As part of B&M, we continue to develop and are big believers in developing our hardworking, talented individuals who want to build a career with us. Give your future career a Kickstart with Heron Foods!
Are you interested in a career in Transport? If so, come and work alongside our Transport team at our Store Support Centre in Hull (Near North Ferriby). We currently hold several opportunities for a Kickstart Driver’s Porter.
As a Driver’s Porter you will assist the Driver with safe and efficient deliveries to our stores across the country. The role requires manual handling and repetitive pushing and pulling of cages. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain an insight into working in Transport and HGV driving.
• Empathic in finding the balance between company and customer
• Able to remain calm under pressure
• Able to communicate in both verbal and written forms
Ideal candidates will:
• Enjoy physical work
• Like to work in a fast paced environment
• Willingness to develop and learn
• Team player
• Be able to follow and adhere to health and safety regulations
• Ideally have a drivers licence and own transport
5 out of 7 days, hours will be agreed upon appointment of role. Please note this positon will require early morning starts.
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
Our key benefits include:
• A full induction to working at Heron Foods, including a friendly buddy to help you navigate your new role
• Ongoing on-the job training, in all areas of the department
• An assigned mentor, to provide support in identifying career goals, during your placement
• Regular training and coaching to develop your application, CV and interview skills
• Career goal reviews, to support you in achieving your next step
• Support throughout your placement, to identify and showcase your experience and achievements
Apply for this job