Media Officer needed in Bolton paying £14.63per hr PAYE Ref:0004 E402 / 1
This role is working full time hours on a temporary basis
This role will involve:
- To respond to media enquires, write and prepare press releases, briefings and briefing notes.
- To provide support in media relations to specific departments as identified by the Principal Officer. To work closely with these departments, and Marketing officers, to ensure key messages are disseminated via the media team.
- To advise on publicity issues and identify opportunities for pro-active media coverage.
- To assist members and officers in dealing with the media and provide appropriate advice to maximise positive media coverage for the client.
- To act as a spokesperson for the client on all media and public relations matters.
- To liaise directly with the chief executive and leader, directors and executive members on day-to-day issues, sensitive matters and major campaigns.
- To proactively promote and enhance the reputation of the client and the borough in the media as appropriate.
- To ensure consistency in all communications to support brand values and the client’s vision, aims and themes.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared